1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Aug 10, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No thread for this or did i miss it? :confused:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wFnze8C7Uhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...iana-pacers-arrested-georgia-reckless-driving

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Didn't know you get arrested on spot for speeding (only been driving a year though). I'v hit 140 on the highway but it was like 3 am and it was COMPLETELY empty, but have also been over 100 during day time with light highway traffic.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

From the video you can tell these 2 cops probably have no idea who he was, and probably because a black guy whose shirtless and driving a nice car, that alone will give those cops enough reasons to detain him.

The whole things looks so f**k up and sad but that's what it is.

Pretty sure if that's a white guy driver in the car with at least a T shirt on, he will just be issued with a ticket instead.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

seems like speeding in great excess and changing lanes recklessly are enough for most cops to arrest, period. Maybe it's just to teach people lesson, more than anything, but i doubt Hill's race played much of a factor here. Cop also says they got three 911 calls.

http://forums.officer.com/t144910/

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think it's a race/superficial thing why they arrested them, they obviously where very upset that he was going that fast before they even saw his face, on the the way to the window they had their hands on their guns and where moving cautiously.

Now I doubt the 3 calls BS, who gets out their phones and calls the cops on the highway like that? Maybe some assholes but I would never do that just for someone speeding past me.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If someone is going 100+ and is changing lanes recklessly, you wouldn't think about calling 911? I've done it once. Those guys could hit someone, especially if they are drunk.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean if they where swerving into lanes causing other cars to swerve and stomp on their breaks yeah, but if it's just a dude hauling ass and cutting through lanes (Like Hill was) while in control then I wouldn't.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Jordan Hill has just been asked to drive the Pace Car at the Indy 500. When in Indiana, do like the Indianians.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

In June, I got a reckless driving ticket and was somewhat close to being arrested.

I was supposedly doing 92 in a 60 or 65. I thought it was a bit silly. $550 ticket. Paid $350 to an attorney to contest so it should be reduced to a speeding ticket hopefully.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Driving 107 in decent amount of traffic is begging for something bad to happen. Yea it sucks he got arrested, but he may never go that fast again...

And with all that is going on with cops and civilians, it was nice to see him remain calm with those cops.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Jump to conclusions much?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I get what you mean, but If you're changing lanes going 100 + with a decent amount of traffic around you, that's going 60-65, then you're not really in control. You could easily get in a situation where the car in front brakes and you don't have time to avoid them.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know what the law is but I have no problem with someone getting arrested for driving over 40mph over the limit while switching lanes - if that is what the law is.

It's just a stupid and reckless thing to do.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nope pretty sure there is a strong chance a white guy would have been arrested too. I've got no problem with what the cops did.

Did he actually get arrested and taken down to jail? Or did they cuff him just to detain him and talk some sense into his dumb ass?

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

In Texas you can't be arrested simply for speeding. You can be arrested for reckless driving, which presumably could include going over 100 while other cars are on the road or the like.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not sure if he's from the same county as the cops. It is common to get arrested and taken to jail for an immediate arraignment and bail/fine payment on high-dollar tickets, to ensure payment and avoid the county doing an expensive execution of an arrest warrant for an out-of-towner.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I am a white guy, got pulled over here in AZ going 49 in a 25. Officer said more than 20 over the speed limit gives them the ability to arrest you (I was not arrested).

Different strokes for different states.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I think he spent one day in jail but not sure (with so many nba arrests lately).
    But it was in the middle of the day with families driving around and kids. It was too reckless and he deserved to get arrested.
    I hope if a white guy did the same he would be arrested as well.