1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Brown to SMU?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by BleedRocketsRed, Apr 16, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

As noted above:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No. 23 SMU enters AP Top 25 for 1st time since '82-83, following Mustangs win over Cincinnati last week. » <a href="http://t.co/SeVkOyIAmC">http://t.co/SeVkOyIAmC</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/statuses/432928830982856704">February 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Larry Brown is a damn good coach. Can't stay in one place, but he's damn good when you have him.

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hope SMU can get Myles Turner!

Him and Mudiay would be very very interesting to watch next year with the current guys in Frazier, Moore, and Kennedy. This team already has good potential but Mudiay AND Turner will put them up with the big guns.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

NCAA bans SMU from 2016 postseason, Larry Brown for 10 percent of games

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It will be about 10 games — which is 30 percent of the season. <a href="https://t.co/3X9RqF4JcU">https://t.co/3X9RqF4JcU</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/648859392348147712">September 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#24 J.R., Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  5. The Stig

The Stig Member

RIP SMU Basketball

It was fun while it lasted. They need to appeal the F out of this because this punishment is almost as bad as Syracuse. UNC hasn't had anything happened to them yet...

6. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

:eek: That punishment is egregious compared to what the violations appear to have been.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

My guess is that says something about what we don't know.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I guess, the behavior is shocking considering where it happened. These people should have a Stasi-level compliance function.

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

My cousin is playing for them this season too :(

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

As a current SMU student, this is pretty devastating. I feel bad for Moore/Kennedy to, whose senior years will be wasted and its way too late for them to transfer. SMU has gotten boned lately, completely snubbed from March Madness two years ago, lost on that bs goal tend last year, and now this. I get that SMU has a history with this stuff, but here I don't think the punishment fits the crime at all.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Your cousin, Jerry?

Watched him yesterday and he's not playing like a freshmen at all! Kudos to him!

Anyone think Markus Kennedy can make it in the NBA? His style reminds me of Big Al.

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Jarrey* autocorrect.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

How old is Larry Brown? He looked 70 when he won with the Pistons...

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Think he's 75-ish.

We aren't missing the beat with him not there. Jankovich is keeping the boys disciplined.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

So dunno how many of y'all follow the AAC, but SMU pulled off a pretty good win last night against Cincinnati with 6 Scholarship players and a walk on. Hope we go undefeated this year to stick it to the NCAA.

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And Frazier might return still at some point after he takes some time off to clear his head. Pony Up!

17. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

This is starting to get pretty awkward for the NCAA. Top 2 seed (by computer rankings) not allowed in the tourney

18. basketballholic

That would be very kewl.

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'd be okay with this. He's a good kid, but his camp is filled with delusional people.

Time to get some scouts out there to check out Shake Milton. DraftExpress has him going just outside the lottery in the 2017 draft. He's 6'5 PG with extremely good composure and court vision. His shot is super smooth, and can hit it from anywhere on the court. Think he just needs to bulk up and not get lost on defense so often, which I think, Larry Brown can help him with.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Shake-Milton-71517/

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Nope.. This guy :cool:

Another player I really like is Jordan Tolbert. And I do not think Keith Frazier will be back.