1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Yep. When you click on the game there's a tab that says istream mobile above where the game would usually pop up. Click that and you're good to go. The quality is the same and you can still pick your region if you get a choppy feed although I haven't experienced any quality issues yet.

2. ekingjames12

ekingjames12 Contributing Member

Are the references working for anyone? It seems like they still have registration closed to any outsiders who don't already have an account...

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

There is a waiting list. Billy (ballstreams guy) told me himself.

4. refluga

refluga New Member

There is a waiting list, if you wish you can use my BallStremas referral to help you get an "invite" sooner:

Follow these steps:
    1) Use BallStreams referral link: http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/14234
    2) Click on "Become A member" hyperlink that is on the page in multiple spots....this will take you to another page....then:
    3) Click on "Request An Invite" OR "Invite Form"
    4) Fill out the requested info, click [Send Request]
    5) BallStreams will send you an "invite email" within 24-48 hours
    * To insure the "invite" email doesn't go into your email spam folder, make sure you add accounts@ballstreams.com as a safe email sender.

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Just came across this as League Pass is just too much money. I don't live in Houston so I would rather pay $60 or whatever than $200 if this is a good service. I have Chromecast and an Ipad Mini. Has streaming via Chromecast been acceptable? I am thinking of getting a one day membership to test it out. Is it worth it or should I just go ahead and get the 6 month or 1 year subscription?

6. tmoney1101

It's worth it if you can get in. The quality isn't as good as LP but it's close and cheaper.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

If you can get in somehow (try emailing them and persuading them youre a big fan or something of bball, and they might let you in), then I suggest to buy for $100 now, freeze after this season is over when playoffs start, and unfreeze after preseason next year, then you have 2 seasons for a total of $100, at $50 each season.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I've had problems streaming on Chromecast. I went premium for just a week to try it out. I'm going to get a PS4 and give it a go on that. If it works, I'll get the long term subscription, but BallStreams isn't perfect. They don't get all of the streams. They always try and stream the home team's announcers, so you won't get to hear Bill and Bull on away games. And from time to time certain streams get funky. Its not perfect, but its better than paying Comcast for their ****ty cable service. Plus, you can watch back logged games, and it includes a chat and DVR, which is pretty cool.

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

my account finally unfroze, it works great on xbox one.. spent the entire last season frustrated because it didnt work on my 360, struggled trying to stream it off an ipod and other devices.. now it works flawlessly and we might not even need ballstreams if the csn mess is resolved....

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

sorry but ps4 doesnt offer any DLNA services.. youre not going to be able to stream it to your ps4 at all..

11. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

They state on their website that you can stream via PS4's browser or you can setup a media server. If that doesn't work well for me, I'll give Roku a try.

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You obviously don't own a PS4. I use ballstreams on my ps4. Html5 bro

Just go to m.ballstreams.com

It streams perfectly.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

How did you get it working on the Xbox one? I had a thread about it but thought there was still no resolution .

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i see, has ballstreams always used html 5 streams? i remember visiting it on the 360s browser and having no luck and only receiving flash download prompts.

i didnt think about the workarounds with plex servers and the browser. seems like a little more effort but i guess it works.. roku was soild, i had it for a while, it was simple and easy to use..

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

with the recent update that added dlna, just open up media player preview and it no picks up the media servers you have on your network. i use servio to host the stream and the one picks it up no problem...

16. VanityHalfBlack

I don't know man, might have to sacrifice eating an get League Pass. Too many teams not to keep up with and all in HD on my TV? With DirecTV? You know what I mean?

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

DON'T use the Ballstreams cast option. Bring up the game, go to the Cast option in the browser and select the little down arrow. The click Cast this Tab. Then click your Chromecast connection from the same spot. After your screen shows up on the TV, go fullscreen on Ballstreams.

18. tmoney1101

Last night I tried watching it straight through the browser on my Samsung 4k and it worked fine.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Soooo...I finally applied for an invite as I'm sick of waiting on the damn Judge to rule. Anyone know if they're still signing up people? Just hoping to get an invite somehow before the regular season starts. I'm not losing out on 3 years of Rockets.

I will also be using it through Roku. I had a hardline installed upstairs straight into it, should I expect to still experience lag as it's not wireless?

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I've only watched a few games with it but I haven't had any issues with my Roku.