1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Community Reaches For The Stars! (9/27)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks a lot BamBam... your well wishes are much appreciated.

And yes, thank you Clutch! Without You... and ClutchFans... there would be no Clutch Community. I hope you can find the time in your busy schedule to join us in the near future.

Kind Regards,
    Roc Paint

2. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

Hi guys and gals,

I just talked to my husband and found out we have a few more members from ClutchFans showing up to this months event! Great news...and thank you so much! We are super excited to meet everyone, old and new, and share this great deed with others that have similar interests in helping others throughout our beautiful city.

I want to remind all the volunteers to watch this video before our volunteer-ship this coming Saturday, per instructions from our Volunteer Coordinator at the Star of Hope:
    http://http://www.sohmission.org/volunteer-orientation

We are also looking forward the "semi-after-party" at Lucky's Pub after our event, where we can meet and share thoughts / ideas for November's event. ;-)

All are welcome. If you haven't committed yet, please consider joining us this Saturday, 27-September for a fun night of charity, clarity, and friendship!

Thanks,
    RocRouge

#42 RocRouge, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  3. Roc Paint

Let's all try to arrive 30 minutes early...so we can assemble the group prior to the event.

I don't want to leave anyone behind including Chico. :p

I will be wearing my Harden jersey over my Clutch Community T with my old school Rocket cap.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Works for me.

See y'all tomorrow!

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a bone to pick with Chico. :grin:

See you all tomorrow.

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Hope yall have a great time tomorrow, wish I could make it!

7. Roc Paint

Today is the big day! Just a few reminders before we go:

• Location: Women and Family Emergency Center, near Minute Maid Park and the BBVA Compass Stadium at 419 Dowling Street, 77003
    • Time: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
    • The dress code requires that we wear shirts with sleeves, long pants and closed in shoes (front and back). The ideal outfit would be a t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes.
    • Wear a ball cap (Rockets, if you have one) or a hairnet will be provided for you.
    • No jewelry is permitted when handling food. Only a plain, band-style ring is permitted. Nails must be maintained clean and trimmed.
    • Please do not eat or drink in the food preparation area.
    • Limit all cell phone use to emergencies.
    • Always be aware of your surroundings and observe all safety precautions.

We will be meeting up in the parking lot at least 15-minutes before the event to hand out t-shirts and get the whole group together before walking in.

And for those interested, we are heading to Lucky's Pub afterwards for a cold drink / snack (and for your participation, the first round of drinks is on my wife and I).

Thanks. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Roc Paint

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I watched the video, I'm ready to go!

9. Roc Paint

We have to put moochie on the bench for tonight's event.

Get well soon!

10. Roc Paint

Thank you so much to everybody who participated in tonight's event. I had a great time! We'll see you all next month (if not sooner). Made a lot of great friends tonight. I appreciate each and every one of you, for your hard work and dedication...and for Clutch Community.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It sounds like you got some insider info. "sooner" eh?

12. Roc Paint

Chico never showed up, so I didn't get the skinny.

13. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

And ohhh what fun we had! Tonight was such a magnificent experience. We worked in the kitchen cutting sausage, ripping lettuce, dicing tomatoes, and even perfecting the art of making/bagging peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on hotdog buns. After the prep work, we were able to experience serving these wonderful people in need...at its fun and fastest! :grin: We each had our own food/beverage station, and ran with it to prepare plates for every single person in line (as each age group received a unique meal platter). And a couple of us had the pleasure of delivering the food trays directly to these wonderful people. We had adults, teens, and children to feed, and it was incredible! We even helped clean up the kitchen after everyone was fed. All the volunteers that helped tonight made such a special impact in this community, and we - as ClutchFans - appreciate you (and I'm sure The Star of Hope will have very fond memories of our presence and assistance tonight too)!

The after-party was also full of energy. We were able to unwind a bit and get to know one another. There is no doubt that life-long friendships were made tonight! Overall, this was an incredibly rewarding experience, and we hope many more members can join us on our charity endeavors. We are asking for nothing more than a couple hours of your time once a month. Please consider joining us next month!

And a hefty heartfelt "thanks again" to each of you who offered your time to come out tonight in support of this event. (Believe it or not, one volunteer drove all the way from Dallas for this event!). Not only did you support the Clutch Community...you supported the Houston Community as a whole. Kudos to you!

#53 RocRouge, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

I am the luckiest man alive! :grin:

This one goes out to my wife, without her none of this would be possible. I love you with all of my being.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Let me say that I had an amazing time tonight. Being able to work for and help feed these people that have next to nothing in their lives was truly an honor. To get to see this up close and personal is yet another one of those things that puts things into perspective.

Can you imagine what this site and the people on it could be capable of? We could do great things for and as Clutch Community. It doesn't take much, just a little of your time. For as busy as we all are, we all have two or so hours to give. Help us make a difference. Rouge and Paint are setting the table. All we have to do is show up and give a little effort. So, I'm going to ask anyone that wants to help in any way, please do. Contact Roc Paint and he will line you out. I promise, it's always for a good cause and I believe you will get something out of it by helping.

I want to think Roc Paint and RocRouge for putting this together and believing in the cause. For those of you that don't know them, they are amazing people. I now call them my friends. Thank you two very much.

Mr. Clutch and Plowman were a huge part of the success of what took place today, thank you both very much. What you gave today is a big reason I love Clutchfans so much. Again, two people that I'm proud to have met.

We also had a visit from a special lady that I had not previously met. This wonderful woman drove all the way from Dallas to help without knowing myself or anyone else associated with Clutch Community. Who does that? I was blown away by her and all that she stands for.

What we did today was important, but it's only a drop in the bucket in what is to come with Clutch Community. If you can, please help us make a difference. Let's get out there and show the community how truly Clutch we all are.

#55 mikol13, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  16. Roc Paint

I'll be posting our next event tonight.

Saturday the 25th is all I know at the moment.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This last event was amazing on several levels....a really powerful experience for me.

Thank you Roc Paint and Roc Rouge for coming up with and implementing a fantastic idea.

We were able to work in the kitchen and then serve about 300 hungry people. I was a server along with Roc Paint..To be able to connect with so many many...Let's just say it was one of those times where you know you are exactly where you're supposed to be.

I had the pleasure of spending time with Mikol13, Mr. Clutch, and a friend of Mikol13's. All special folks....people that truly care,trying to make a difference...on the front lines.

Afterwards, we retired To Lucky's for a few...

I highly recommend joining us on the next one and being a part of something that is growing exponentially.

I think Roc Paint said he has something lined up next and I'm doing some legwork through a friend at MD Andersen about the one after.

Again, join us...do some good and meet some of these folks we see everyday in here.