1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Progress: White to work out with member of Rockets staff at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets rookie forward Royce White says he'll begin working with a member of the team's staff next week at Toyota Center.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/281967833980739585" data-datetime="2012-12-21T03:42:24+00:00">December 21, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Royce White says he is "hopeful" he will be able to play 4 the Rockets again this year. "I want to play for the Rockets more than anything."</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/281969106717118464" data-datetime="2012-12-21T03:47:28+00:00">December 21, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good to hear!

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Haha wont believe until i see it.

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Excellent news. Rooting for White to get to the floor. I'm okay if its not rushed. Do it right. Take it slow. Do it right. Work through what needs to be worked through.

4. arjun

arjun Member

so...he got a wake up call??

couldn't pay the hookers anymore??

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

So much this.

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Really could have been using him. With his skills, he'd easily be our best player off the bench.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Considering how much PT Terrence Jones gets, I wouldn't expect Royce to get any at all other than garbage time unless injuries occur at that PF position.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

finally he's getting off his lazy ass. how much is this guy getting paid for doing nothing?

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm just reserving my oppinion. If the guy turns into a great player I don't want to look like too big of an ass for ragging on him now. I'm a Rockets fan so obviously the best thing would be for him to turn into a hall of fame player and have a long career filled with NBA championships here in Houston.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

White? Never heard of him, ever.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"i want to play for the rockets more than anything" comes out his mouth....

but you know in his head he's humming "all i want for xmas is my 2 front tweet, my 2 front tweet, then i could wish me #merryxmas"

12. Nook

Nook Member

Don't really care. He is not as good as Jones, DMo, Morris or Patterson.

Fat, undersized, poor defending, poor shooting and mentally ill power forwards are not in demand.

1 person likes this.
  13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

White >>>> TJ

White has one of the most unique skill sets we've ever seen. He can play 3 and 4 regularly. He's a more athletic Lamar Odom AND better ball handler.

Once he learns the playbook and adapts, I expect White to be a very good player when he peaks.

14. VBG

VBG Member

That's good. In the end I want the Rockets to succeed. I'm not a fan of White's attitude. I think he's going at his issues in the wrong way but whatever.

15. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

He'll never come close to being Lamar Odom.

16. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Agree with this.

Random question - so what what rotatiins would prople be want ideally if tjones, white and dmo could get minutes? And how would it work ? Ie what would their role be

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this may be true, but he's also 2inches shorter, is a much worse shooter, and is just as dumb as odumb ;)

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He has skills, but if you saw him in summer league, you would know that he is a project that could take a long time to develop. I don't see him getting any minutes as a Rocket this season after what has transpired over the last couple of months.

19. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

Good news. I rather hope for the best, then to see Rockets waste a first round pick

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he could be a beast..

he needs to get his head right