1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ad Welcoming Shane Battier to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vj23k, Jun 30, 2006.

1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I know many of us are still upset with the trade, but that's no reason to downplay the skill and talent of Shane Battier. The proposed ad, with its use of ellipses and italics, makes it sound like we traded Scottie Pippen for a bag of gym socks.

Quite the contrary. We got a guy that's going to play an inspired game. He's going to be a coach on the floor. An extension of JVG on the wings(To some of you, that may be a negative?).

Don't get me wrong...I don't love the trade either, but mainly because I don't think we milked Gay for all he was worth. West calls Gay his #2 prospect. Exploit the hell out of that and get maximum value. At the very least, we should have picked up every remaining pick that Memphis had(#24 and their second rounder). Similar situation with the Eddie Griffin trade...team that drafted him wasn't enamored with him, but at least they were able to acquire 2 extra first rounders in addition to the lottery pick.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my thread. To show we're not a bunch of underappreciative assholes that are going to compare Shane's every contribution to Rudy's/Swift's(We will, though), I propose taking out an additional ad in the chronicle welcoming Shane Battier. Obviously, we're not going to gather the support that the other ad is getting, but whatever. Quarter page, 1/8, just as big as we can get.

Again, it would probably be best if the ad was purchased through Clutch, but please respond to the thread if you're interested.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

while i'm upset with the deal, i'm by no means upset with aquiring shane.

i hope that fans are smart enough not to take out thier displeasure on him.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Not interested, your third paragraph says it all. Unless we're welcoming Mike Miller and Shane Battier.

4. vj23k

Damn, no edit.

Just wanted to add this:

"When they told me that's the deal we made, I was so happy."

- Tracy Mcgrady

That's enough for me.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Now, are we putting out an ad or not. I dont care which side. Otherwise, this site is like a depression fest, one feeding another. Do something instead of posting and moaning.

6. Honey Bear

Tracy McGrady was the same guy recruiting Stromile Swift and Damon Stoudamire last year. A great player, bad GM.

7. vj23k

Understandable, but also understand that Shane Battier didn't orchestrate the deal. This is a guy that Houston's going to fall in love with, regardless of how good Rudy Gay becomes.

8. Honey Bear

Exactly, but the Rockets have plenty of money in their pockets to welcome Shane, who they gave up Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift for. This fiasco isn't about Battier, he knows it, so I'm not really interested in spending money on something that's beside the point.

9. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

I dont think anybody here denied Battier is not a good player. Personally I love Battier on this team as I think he the perfect fit. He''ll take defensive pressure off of MAC and score in double digits. Why people are mad is because we gave up too much and didn't get equal value back.

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I hope he and Novak are playing together out on the perimiter and Yao Ming scores 40 points onthe inside.