1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady talks about his Return [Video]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good to see some truly sincere appreciation for the fans from McGrady. No doubt he is humble right now. Let's see how long it lasts.

2. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I can't hear the audio..

3. SergioValencia

Adelman has done a superb job of playing with Tracy's head. RA made him realize just how hard it is to earn play time... so that there won't be a future Toronto-game sighting ever again for as long as Tracy wears a Houston uniform.

4. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Havn't thought about it like that...you might be on to something

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Stay strong Mac. I still believe he can fit in and contribute. I think he would be willing to take a pay cut and stay here next year, question is would the Rockets allow it?

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Glad to hear that he wasn't winded or hurting.

7. landryfan14

landryfan14 Member

yall heard sum1 in tha back sayin GUESS WHOS BIZACK!

8. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Understanding that Coach has been through this with Webber, and that Webber regrets coming back too fast, and was never the same again after pushing hard to get back quick ... that's important information in understanding how Adelman is handling this.

I know there are insiders who claim to know that the organization doesn't want McGrady here, and all of that might be true. If so, this explanation by Webber and Tracy about the delays are a great way to explain things.

... but, remember, just because someone feels something at one point in time, doesn't mean they will always feel that way. Feelings can change from day to day. If Tracy shows this kind of humility, he will win not only the fans, but the team too.

This should be interesting, to see how things play out.

I'm glad Adelman/Morey/Alexander are in control, and taking things slow. Now they are coming off as genuinely concerned, not done with him.

9. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

agrees 100%
    thanks for the video tinman.
    Can't wait to see this team with a fully healthy tmac.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pure class Houston giving him a standing ovation - that was really cool.

11. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I'm glad the decision came down at the last minute. I think it was better that way, rather than to have everyone talking about it for two weeks, building it up.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Mac:
    Thanked fans for the welcome, said it was surprising. Said practice was harder which helped, played some guys one on one…

Once he got ball, it calmed him down. His body was thrown off. Everything was moving fast but it felt good to be out there and to be acceted…

Said this was a high moment for him to come back after micro fracture surgery… talked about rehab… said it feels good to know he’s able to go back on the court.

Said he’s following what rick wants and it’s tough to add him in. He’s for whatever it takes to get him out there and he doesn’t want to mess up the rhythm.

He said he’s gotta take his time and said he appreciates what the coach has done.

It felt good to come out there… it was a great feeling to have that ovation like that.

Said this is home, loves it here, he didn’t say he wanted to leave.

Rick
    said he looked fine and it’s about what you’re going to see at this point right now, just getting his feet wet and where he’s at from this point on.

It was a good opportunity to work him in… I thought now’s the time… this works out well and the normal rotation can go last three quarters… good opportunity with Trevor out especially… will go from there.

13. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

For sure.

I expected boos all around.

14. keez857

keez857 Member

I'm glad that T-Mac understands the experience Adelman has had with C-Webb's microfracture surgery. T-Mac's return has me excited because of how well we've been playing with what little we have. Having a talent like him definitely opens new lanes for us offensively and gives our team a spark. However am I'm probably not the only one when I say that this is a bittersweet moment knowing that the possibility of a trade is still very likely.

15. FFz

FFz Member

"guess who's bezak" - was that hayes?

Also "Shut up" - refering to tv talking about 1-4 on the front end of back to backs before.

16. halfling131

halfling131 Member

This analysis is brilliant.

17. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Dear Tracey,

Please let me help you with how you communicate with the press. I know that you mean well, but sometimes the things you say and how you say them cause people to think that you are a hopeless narcissist. This is a shame because you seem like a decent enough guy. I know you have tried to be a good teammate over the years, and also that you have done somethings as a teammate that you are not proud of. Fair enough, but I also know that you do a lot of great stuff in the community and that, more often than not, you have played the right way and made your teammates better for it.

I think you want to say the right thing, but don't know how.

So here it goes. When you speak to the press, you should generally try to focus your response on your teammates if you can do so without throwing them under the bus. Examples:

1. When someone asks you to comment on you being the 2nd leading AllStar candidate at guard, don't thank your loyal fans and attribute their votes as appreciation for the great things you have done in the past. Answer like this:
    "Wow - no one is more surprised than me. But that individual stuff is really a reflection on the great teams I have played with. Have you seen how these guys are doing this year? Man, those votes should be going to Aaron Brooks. Let's get Aaron on the AllStar team!

2. When asked how it feels to be out on the court, don't talk about how hard your worked to get back out there. Instead, focus on the doctors, your trainers and your teammates. Something like, "Mostly, I just feel a lot of gratitude. The doctor's who operated on me and everyone who helped me through the PT, you people were just incredible. And I've got to give props to Tim Grover's folks in Chicago for working me into shape, and my teammates here. And with the way the team is playing, I'm really honored that coach is wiling to make a space for me. I just want to repay the team and Coach for this opportunity by helping us win, any way I can."

3. When asked about how you played, talk about how the team did rather than how it went for you. Don't talk about making or missing shots, talk about rebounding, fitting into the system and how the other guys carried the offensive load. Talk about how your teammates created shots for your. Don't talk about being gassed at the free throw line - we all saw that. Talk about how amazing this team is at getting up and down.

4. If things turn negative, resort to platitudes. I'd give you examples here, but I suspect you have Clyde's ear. He can teach you to use a lot of words to not actually say anything and produce an answer that sounds good, yet is devoid of all critical or intellectual content. If you can't get Clyde, you might ring Craig Biggio or watch the first half of Bull Durham.

Tracey, enjoy the road back.

Regards,

18. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

It's weird now we don't exactly know what the Rockets' intentions are here. I think T-Mac feels the same way so he's just kissing ass meanwhile lol

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he knows he's going to be traded - which is why he said he loves it here and doesn't want to leave.

But he knows it's going to happen.