1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WISHES] Do you want a pony?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Apr 10, 2014.

?

Do you want a pony?

1. Yes. YES, I want a pony.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No. I do not want a pony.

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  3. Yes... no... ye--no--wait, I'm confused by this question you call 'simple'! (my name is LonghornFan)

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Hey!!! I ordered a cheeseburger!

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Simple question, as you read in the poll question:

Do you want a pony? :cool:

(Note that I'm not asking if you have money or if you have space, or you think it's weird or anything; the answer is a simple YES or NO.)

My answer (answer the poll before you read below):
    I want a pony. I think it would be good to have one. If I had some money, I think I'd buy one right now. Do I have money for a pony? No, but I want one right now. Should I get one? Maybe, maybe no, depends on circumstances, but... the reality of the matter is that I want a pony... just can't have one RIGHT NOW due to financial reasons. Also, I could possibly rent it out and make my money back. Probably could get accessories for it, so it's more marketable. But, YES, I want a pony.

In my opinion, they are beautiful. (extremely large photo):
    [​IMG]

A man has to have priorities, you know? :eek:

BEFORE you ask: yes, I've been listening to Steven Wright recently. He still has a pony.

Should have made the poll PUBLIC! FAIL. MODs, please do so if possible.

#1 SwoLy-D, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes but that pony is manufactured

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Damn right I want one!!!...;)

I want a pink one...:eek:...:p
    [​IMG]

4. conquistador#11

posting before other old farts decide to beat me to it. hey oh.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i7P6ut6HPR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. SwoLy-D

Nice. That counts, but I meant:
    a real LIVE one, not a cartoon.

I believe everyone deep down inside wants one. :eek: I don't know how "deep" is "deep", but they do. Everyone does.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You can get a pony for $50. And, my kids would go nuts for a pony. But, you need land for a pony to run around in. You need housing for the pony. You need to feed and water and groom and exercise and train the pony daily. You need healthcare for the pony. You have to actually go outside and visit this pony everyday, you can't just let it sleep on the couch while you watch TV. I can't do all that in my 5,000 sqft in the middle of the city. It's a lifestyle to own animals like that, a lifestyle I don't have. So, no I don't really want one.

7. SwoLy-D

What if you DID have all that bold stuff? :confused:

Did you miss my stipulation about "money and space" and such things?

8. JuanValdez

You should have bolded the word "lifestyle" which is what it's about. I could have a pony right now if I wanted to make the listed sacrifices and live the sort of life in which I visit and care for a pony every day. I don't like ponies so much that I want to do that. Right now, we're debating whether or not to get a dog, and I don't know if I want to make the requisite sacrifices to own one, which are a lot less than those a pony would need. If I was already living on 10 acres in the countryside and owning a pony literally just meant I stick him in the backyard, then it'd be a different deal -- but I don't want to live in the countryside.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You know me I was just fooling about! In reality my family has asked me for a horse in more than one occasion, I know it's not a pony, but it's close enough. Who knows, I might end up caving in and buying one. If I do, then perhaps we could join in one of these riding caravans that end up at the rodeo...:grin:

(P.S.) If we get Jontro to join then...

[​IMG]

I have dibbs on Lucky Day though...:eek:

#9 BamBam, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

What is a pony good for? Can you even ride it?

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

12. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No, thank you.

13. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

14. SwoLy-D

JuanValdez, I didn't ask "do you want to live in the countryside?"... I asked if you wanted a pony. Simple. What if you owned Memorial Park and all the stables and all the stuff to take care of such pony? Would you own it? :eek: You're diverting from the topic at hand. It's a YES or a NO. Don't give me excuses, man.

No to the latter. To the former: you can play with it, have your kids or relatives' or friends' kids ride it. You can marvel at its beauty and it being a companion, like a dog or so. :cool:

LOL @ SPOILER'd animated GIF, BamBam. Nice.

15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Swoly = Carl from Jimmy Neutron

16. SwoLy-D

:eek:

How did you know I love llamas?!?!?! :confused:

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Can't have a pony thread without this:

HELEN: (Changing subject) So, did you hear Claire's getting married?

MANYA: Yeah, yeah..

HELEN: I hear the fella owns a couple of racehorses. You know, trotters, like at Yonkers.

JERRY: Horses. They're like big riding dogs.

ELAINE: What about ponies? What kind of abnormal animal is that? And those kids who had their own ponies..

JERRY: I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.

MANYA: ..I had a pony.

(The room is dead quiet)

JERRY: ..Well, I didn't really mean a pony, per se.

MANYA: (Angry) When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony, ..So, what's wrong with that?

JERRY: Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just merely expressing.

HELEN: Should we have coffee? Who's having coffee?

MANYA: He was a beautiful pony! And I loved him.

JERRY: Well, I'm sure you did. Who wouldn't love a pony? Who wouldn't love a person that had a pony?

MANYA: You! You said so!

JERRY: No, see, we didn't have ponies. I'm sure at the time in Poland, they were very common. They were probably like compact cars..

MANYA: That's it! I've had enough! (She leaves the room)

ISAAC: Have your coffee, everyone. She's a little upset. It's been an emotional day.

(Isaac leaves, everyone looks at Jerry)

JERRY: I didn't know she had a pony. How was I to know she had a pony? Who figures an immigrant's going to have a pony? Do you know what the odds are on that? I mean, in all the pictures I saw of immigrants on boats coming into New York harbor, I never saw one of them sitting on a pony. Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense.. am I wrong?

1 person likes this.
  18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Here ya go!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-mmNiN-jHnk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. JuanValdez

Nothing is easy with you, Swoly. The truth is you're ignoring the reality here. You say don't worry about not having money or space as if those are the only restraints on responsible pony ownership. Ponies come with responsibilities. There isn't a hypothetical situation out there in which you get the pony without the responsibility. It's not all sunshine and playing in the grass and photographing the kids on ponyback. So, even discounting what resources you may or may not have, you still need to weigh the pony's benefits against the obligations. When I do, I see I don't want a pony.

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Swol how old are you?

Lol