1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley Hates the Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Methom, Apr 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Methom

Methom Member

How did the Rockets owe Barkley money? He said something about them owing him 5 million on today's post game show and I've heard something about this, but can someone get more into details about this? Thanks in advance.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think he said they owe him $5 million. Maybe they promised him money under the table if he signed for less. He probably would have got it if he tried to contest Stockton's three.

He never has anything good to say about the Rockets. Any time he can bash on them he does.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was for the Pippen year when he played for the minimum so we can sign Pippen

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That has been the story for years that the Rockets didn't keep a verbal contract with Barkley and that's why he hates the Rockets.

I like Barkley on the show but he pisses me off to when he is always running down the Rockets. You would think he would put that stuff aside because it wasn't the city or the fans that did him wrong. He is funny but sometimes he just speaks out his ass, that's why he had to kiss an ass.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Stockton was not barkleys assignment.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Combo of the money thing and he went here to try and win a ring with hakeem and drexler but failed so he's bitter.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It goes back to the Pippen fiasco. He agreed to sign at vet minimum but to be rewarded the next season and then he wasn't because we felt he wasn't worth the big bucks anymore.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He was when Malone bear hugged the Rockets PG.

1 person likes this.
  9. Methom

Methom Member

Yea I feel when he speaks about this that he is also taking a shot at the city and fans of Houston. Funny guy and all but he would've lost it all to gambling anyways so.... BIRDMAN BIRDMAN!!! haha loved that part of the show.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

When did drexler play pg?

1 person likes this.
  11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No one remembers the team that lost. The Rockets sucked at the PG position that year if memory serves correct (thanks to the Barkley trade).

I'm guessing Drexler was filling in the void at PG to defend Stockton and you're making a big deal about something I choose not to remember.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

yea he hugged drexler, sadale threat was the pg..

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Charles Barkley might be the reason that aliens don't feel threatened enough to attack us.</p>&mdash; Ramzy Kawaja (@RedNationReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedNationReport/status/326189302818168832">April 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

barkleys visible nightmare. if we woulda won that series. Jordan's Bulls vs Hakeem's Rockets 1997 Nba Finals. :rolleyes:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

i like your posts dude, i do have to call you out.

everyone who watched that year, knows exactly who the PG was on our team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199705290HOU.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Methom

Methom Member

Haha that picture is priceless. He had a look like he knew they were not going to pay him so he just barely lifted his arms to look like he was trying. Were we really that close to the Finals that year? Mannn, guess my memory didn't serve me well because I've been a fan since even before the championship years and do not remember this. But again maybe I wanted to forget this garbage haha.

Guess Ill continue with the BIRDMAN BIRDMAN!!!! only because it's late and i still got that **** in my head haha.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

How did Chandler Parsons afford a time machine?

JK, Chandler you don't suck.

Seriously tinman, I guess I understand the McGrady hate and I fully understand why you defend the Rockets would have won without Jordan theory, but why do you defend this loser?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Seriously, EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY WATCHED THAT GAME, that was NOT BARKLEY's FAULT.

you can say, I think Barkley hates the Rockets, but he played his ass off that playoff run.

We beat the Sonics, that was the whole reason we brought Barkley in.