1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Member

Some of the burn cards are a lot of fun. I try to use as many as I can during a game simply because you dont miss out on others you may earn that way.

2. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Kraber AP sniper guide
    [youtube]Hlhm0F5ngfk[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Anybody else got any useful tips and/or tricks that are working out for you? I'm no expert, but I've shared a couple. I'd like to see us help each other get better. There is much more to this game from a strategy standpoint than meets the eye. There is a game within the game. Playing as a pilot is a totally different experience than playing as a Titan and you have to learn how to hold your own in both worlds to be a dominant player.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

If you are not using bumper jumper, you should be. It was weird as hell getting used to it after using A as the jump button for the last ten years of my life, but totally worth it for this game. So much more aerial control.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

splain' please.

6. mlwoo

Well, the bumper jumper controller layout switches the jump and tactical ability on the Xbox controller. You now jump with LB and cloak or whatever with A. It feels really weird at first, but it prevents you from taking your thumb off of the right control stick to jump. Since you are constantly jumping, turning, and wall running, it makes controlling the aerial abilities of the pilot much easier . . . after about a three hour learning curve. You will be pulling off wall run headshots in no time!

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha bumper jumper. I love that Halo-speak has transitioned to Titanfall.

8. mlwoo

Didn't even realize that was Halo speak. It is what the controller layout is called in the game but its pretty suuhhhwwweeeeeeet.

9. vator

I've heard about the bumper jumper. Maybe I'll give it a try. Didn't want to screw with my mechanics because they carry over to the other FPS games I play.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The configuration originated in Halo (so did the name Bumper Jumper), and it was heavily utilized by Pro players. Became the standard if you were not nublety-cakes. Your fun e-sports history moment of the day. :p

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You should be using bumper jumper. It's a massively huge advantage. It takes getting used to, but it will make you a better player. It's just like in COD switching your melee to a button so you can crouch prone by clicking the left stick. Integral stuff if you're going to be on par with other players 'in the know'.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Good vid, thank you.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

thanks, will do mlwoo.

14. vator

Ok so the bumper jumper also changes my Titan button locations and puts the dash button in a place that I don't like. Pilot control is increased at the sacrifice of Titan control. Any way around this?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I noticed that too.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Unfortunately I can't speak to the mapping since I'm on PC. Sounds like a really unfortunate drawback, where does it map the dash button to?

17. vator

After looking at some still shots online, maybe I misspoke about the dash button moving. I use button kicker configuration which is basically tactical call of duty configuration. Bumper jumper defaults melee and crouch back to their original locations which throws my mobility off because I've been on tactical layout since MW2. Just felt crazy. I'll give it another shot later when I get home from work. Titan punches when I'm trying to crouch and avoid incoming fire.

Edit: Aha! I think I may have discovered the answer. Looks like the "Evolved" button configuration may be the solution. Looks like melee and crouch are swapped with jump moved to the bumper. Evolved seems to be a blend of bumper jumper and button kicker.

#857 vator, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

the option after that, bumper jumper -pilot leaves the titan controls the same.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ah cool

20. vator

Ok so apparently I'm not crazy...at least not all the way just yet. The still shots I was looking at on the interent of the button layouts were apparently wrong. The bumper jumper does indeed change your Titan dash to the left bumper along with the jumping ability as a pilot just like I thought. This in effect, moves your tactical from the left bumper to the A button which is a horrible place for it if you ever use vortex shield because it works much better with full manueverability, which you wouldn't have because you'd have to take your thumb off the right thumbstick to press the button. The same logic behind moving the jump button in the first place. This, along with the aforementioned crouch and melee button switch since I prefer to crouch with the right thumbstick and melee with the B button meant my whole controller was completely foreign to me and it felt that way. That is four major changes to get used to in my Titan which is a lot after already completing 4 generations of gameplay. Yeah, "Evolved" is definitely the one I need to try. I suppose if you don't use the vortex shield at all that maybe the dash being on the left bumper could be beneficial in theory by giving you more control during your dashes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JPJjuGEvZ0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#860 vator, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014