1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team can easily contend next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by downbytheriver, Apr 23, 2014.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

The fact that cutting a player does not clear him from the cap is hardly a "smaller detail". Lin must be moved for Houston to have any shot at a 3rd "star" this offseason which would mean trading him.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Absolutely wrong with your 1st point.

:confused: How? It is cause we have enough defensive power or cause there's not enough ISO ball?

3. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Funny how people want to waive the guy playing the 5th most minutes and scoring the 5th most points on the team even though waiving him wont open any cap space. :confused:

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree..i thought this could be different with Dwight defense in the middle and also someone who can give the rockets some easy buckets in the half court, but it doesn't seem like it at the moment. The run and gun has always been exposed in the playoffs.

5. conquistador#11

until we play team ball and team defense the only thing we will contending for is regular season stats. even our playoff battlecry sounds too Isoish long way from 'we're red nation'

6. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

The Mavs won a ring with the same wimpy defenders we have. It can be done. But they need the right coach who holds players accountable and puts emphasis on D

7. rocketsmetalspd

Hate to be thinking already of next season and looking to the off season for improvements. This team should realize they have a great opportunity to be great this playoff season. I hope they can man up and get this much needed on W on Friday. Go Rockets!!

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Portland isn't beating us with a better defense.

They're beating us with a better game plan and a star who is stepping up instead of shrinking under the pressure.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Mavs team that won the title had Tyson Chandler and Shawn Marion playing great D for them. They also had their superstar Dirk playing the best basketball of his career. And they could execute in the halfcourt.

The Rockets are doing none of that right now. And oh BTW, the Mavs had Rick Carlisle as head coach instead of the likes of Kevin McHale.

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I think a guy like Millsap will make this the best team in the West.

I would love to add a guy like Ariza to back up Harden/Parsons

and 8 million is what the rockets should give Parsons

11. sutton

sutton Member

yup right, make some trades and keep this delusion for a year and get crashed again in playoff,

12. AXG

AXG Member

This might be a blessing in disguise. Get rid of McHale first.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Lin is dead weight and will be almost impossible to trade with his 8/8 contract next year. I wonder what his value will be at the deadline? Hopefully, Bima can answer that, but I strongly suspect Lin is here for the full duration, one more season. Asik is a different story, but Morey would want final year contracts. It's not going to be easier this Summer to trade these guys, not unless Morey is willing to accept long term contracts in return.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member