1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the loss of Sampson going to cost the Rockets in the Play offs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by torocan, Apr 12, 2014.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

This deserves a bump.

2. Asian Sensation

Maybe he's smarter than everyone else. Life sure would be much easier right now if one wasn't so heavily invested in Choke City.

3. torocan

torocan Member

His contract let him leave whenever he got a head coaching gig. It's the same conditions that Most assistant coaches have in their contracts.

And he left because of UH's time table for recruitment. This is the time to heavily recruit high school prospects. If he leaves later, he burns the entire next season at UH.

Can't blame the guy, they're paying him a small fortune.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking?

5. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

6. torocan

torocan Member

Nah, more like I'm always watching out for "red flags".

I don't care so much about a win or loss in an individual game as I do about How they win or lose.

It's not unlike a fight. You can fight like crap and still get lucky and win. Or fight well and still lose. Stuff like distance, striking angles, keeping your hands up, stance and maintaining balance is a much better predictor of how good you are than whether you knocked the other guy out or not.

Unfortunately, watching the regular season games post-Sampson raised a LOT of red flags for me. And unfortunately our post-season performance hasn't done a lot to change my original impressions.

IE, that our defense is a complete and utter mess. :(