1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Are you trying to tell me he didn't do the same damn thing last playoffs too? One series where he's the man, we can excuse, injury or whatever, but he's pulled off another disappearing act as well. How is this guy supposed to lead us to the Finals when he can't even score in a first round playoff game?

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

too bad houston cant play houston aka choke city

3. TheresTheDagger

My response to that is you can't hold the Rockets franchise responsible in any way for the Oilers, Astros, Texans, Comets, Dynamo, Aeros, or any other Houston franchise.

The Rockets are the only major sport franchise to win titles here. Nuff said.

If they are tired of rooting and getting let down, my response is go be a Yankees/Lakers/Heat fan. We won't miss you.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

You go do that. Have faith, keep cheering your heart all and expand all your effort as they go down in flames in game 3 or game 4 (both must wins). Meanwhile I'll do something more productive.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hardens a great player in the regular season, just hasn't' shown up in the playoffs.

He's not all to blame. Chandler I think is pretty damn overrated on both ends of the court. Jones has no chance whatsover against Aldridge.

We are not even playing our own style. It's basically give Aldridge iso one on one. Give the ball to dwight n see him do the same. The ball movement is dead.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I'll still believe the Rockets win the championship when it's Clippers vs Indiana in the finals.

Portland beats us two in a row. Tough. I know confidence is low (I can't say mine wasn't shot either) I just want the Houston fans to continue cheering. I don't get why fans are chastised for leaving games early when the odds aren't in our favor but when the odds are against us in the series everyone bands together in flaming our beloved team.

As I have said, we have a chance to make history once again as we have done in the past and what ultimately became Clutch City.

Rockets can do it. This is what movies are made of

7. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

game 3 is our game 7, all depends what happens Friday

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I was still optimistic after losing game #1...but it's the same shyty performance by Mr. Harden. No way in hell he can be completely two different players, the one from the regular season is totally different from the Playoffs'. The guy from the Playoffs is not the same aggressive Harden that attack the basket during the regular season game. He was passive, he pass the ball and defer to other...I never EVER seen Harden do that in so many occasions. Did you see one time where he lean forward to shoot a 3?? That was pathetic....that's not Harden. Did you see him did a pick n roll and have a free lane to attack the basket with one defender guarding the basket and yet he chose to pass out? That's not Harden. Did you see him try to lop the ball to Howard for alley-oop even though Howard is not open?? He failed to see that he can attack the hoop. It's like he's on drug....clueless man.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Rockets overpaid for both Harden and Howard. It's just that simple fact if you really examine it altogether. That needed to be said. You can salvage something if there was a better coach at the helm.

1 person likes this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm saying, let the series play out. Posters like yourself are what makes clutchfans annoying. The name of the damn site is based off the scenario the Rockets have put themselves in. Have some faith, sit back and relax.

Harden is playing bad. So what? The Rockets won't beat the Blazers if they continue to allow Lamarcus Aldridge to shoot wide open J's to start the game and get in a rhythm. I am highly optimistic but after the second swish from Aldridge(Not a rocket within 5 feet), I said game over. This team lacks leadership and coaching right now. Talent alone will keep them in this series.

11. Mr. Space City

20 years ago and have been forgettable since 1997.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I guess I won't say they're done just yet, but they're on life support. Harden might as well not even make the flight to Portland if he's gonna play like this...

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

The Rockets ended up feeding the hot hand in Dwight tonight but that's not our game, we need Harden and Dwight to play well in order for us to have a better chance on winning. How many possessions did we have Dwight score only to allow Portland an easy bucket on the other end? Sure Aldridge was making his fade away jumpers but we should have boxed out for rebounds more effectively. T.Jones is making a good case for McHale to use Asik and D.Mo more, at least with D.Mo you might have a better chance of boxing his own player out.

In order for us to have a fighting chance we need to get Harden going, if he can make his shots and not force the issue the entire team will be better off for it. I foresee Aldridge having a few off nights but hopefully we can move the ball better and collectively play better defense.

You can see McHale being outcoached near the end of the 4th. On too many occasions, Lin/Harden/Parsons seemed like they were dribbling around hoping to beat Portland by themselves, we need to have better plays.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

AND we have yet to be blown out by the Blazers. These games could have shifted very easily.

Let's just be the best fan base possible. If there is a will there is a way. There's always a way in basketball and there's certainly the will in Houston

15. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

to be perfectly honest I'm kind of pissed that this thread has one star? What the hell?

16. Franchize

Franchize Member

You can't stop or contain Lamarcus Aldridge. Period.

That guy has been murking our ass since last season

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's pretty clear that Portland is by far the better team.

McHale really has to take a lot of blame here.