1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Zach Randolph blasts officiating for Memphis loss in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

25k is pretty steep for venting frustration. You could tell he was pissed the last few minutes if the game; should have chilled a bit before talking to the press.

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Welcome to Dwight's World, ZBO

3. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

Thank you. I replayed the DVR and 3 out of 5 of those fouls on Dwight should not have been called. One was questionable. Zbo played him dirty. One could argue if Dwight didn't have to leave so early he could have made this an even larger victory. I will agree officiating was horrible for both sides though.

4. Chris Jent MVP

YEP.

Gotta pay the cost if you wanna be the boss :cool:

5. rockets018

rockets018 Member

You must not have watched the game. Johnson and Allen were all over Harden the whole night. I was 10 rows from the side of the court where Rockets were whole second half and it was ridiculous, hands all over harden the whole time he had the ball. Slaps, elbows. If anything Harden should have got at least 20 FTS . there were maybe 2-3 questionable calls.

6. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I'm looking at a replay of the whole game. They were playing Harden really rough. I, myself, only saw about 3 questionable calls.

7. bongman

bongman Member

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There were two or three fouls on Harden that were questionable, one of which was a flop by Harden.

All the others were legit calls.

9. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Yeah there were a few, but just as many on Howard.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If the table was turned around, id be upset also. Even if watching film in retrospect verified most of the calls.

I only need to remember us playing the Lakers of old and watching Kobe get all the calls to know how I would feel.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden probably got a few extra calls. but Dwight got his 5th foul (mid 3rd Quarter I might add) on a pretty lame foul. Zach needs to be mad at himself for not being able to dominate a guy who barely makes the roster (DMo).

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

i'm sure memphis would have been more than happy if the foul calls that harden got went to dwight instead

13. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Very true. But at the end of the day (when emotions wear down) I realize it wasn't the refs that lost the game and that Kobe is just a beast. You gotta give props to a player who faces adversity (opposing team playing physical off the ball and extremely physical from even 3 pt line) for them to change strategy and completely blow opposing teams strategy.

Best part about this, even when the fouls started to be called early on, grizzlies staff made 0 adjustments! Blame iit on coaching and in game adjustments before you blame the refs!

14. mirus

mirus Member

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Welcome to Houston life.

We get more BS calls then you.

16. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Howard 's 5 fouls and Lin not getting calls he deserves....

Cry me a river Zach, i think we are pretty even on that front

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the Spurs weren't reaching at all, unless you count Duncan's arms over the back deal.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Crafty is a description often used for Harden. He knows how to use the rules of the game.

He has his defenders backpedalling when he drives, that any contact even those he initiates are called fouls. He also does not drive in in a straight line. He will move into his defender's space and because both are moving, the advantage really is to the offensive player. He was called for one charging foul, I think he slammed into ZBo in the paint.

I watched him closely in that SA game and his strength and footwork really makes his moves unpredictable. He squeezes in between two defenders who are on the move, or his herky-jerky moves gives him space for a fadeaway jumper. If your coach expects you to stop his scoring, then you will be giving up those fouls.

In contrast, contact is called differently for post players. You can maul each other and it's still not a foul. Sorry, ZBo, you're a post player.