1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B.S. Report - Simmons and Lowe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No way Chicago takes Asik back. Their owner is cheap as heck

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I said I'm not getting in that debate. They are different players, on different teams, in different situations, at different points in their career. Only thing I'm stating is that there is no way in hell Portland would ever trade him much less to the Rockets for what they have to offer.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That franchise's operation is, to me, a great enigma ensnarled in a puzzling paradox. Wouldn't it be fun to have their assets, their fan base, their fiscal situation and have a relatively free hand from which to (wheel and) deal?

Perhaps when CB enters his final (final, at last - -FINAL) year of his contract the Bulls can swallow deep and amnesty the one season, paying the fellow to go back to Alaska or some other outpost not named ChiTown.

What should they do? Sell!

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes, and yes.

5. kakaman

kakaman Member

Wow they said Lin drives 8 times a game and converts 65%...that's unreal

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

You're right, can't give away a solid starter without someone in reserve.

7. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

BTW not sure how it works salary wise but Wes Matthews is a really good perimeter defender and could help Houstons horrible perimeter defense assuming he come with Lopez.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

It goes against money's never buy high. Wes is playing the best ball of his career and thus his value in a trade is at an all time high if morey wanted him he would allready be here

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm not sure that Morey really is against always trading for players with trendy high value, but I do think there would be something to be said about trading for Wesley Matthews right now, or placing value on a player based on a current small sample size when a larger sample size says otherwise about their value.

More than likely Matthews' production will regress to the mean at some point this season, and currently the Blazers would be asking for more than his overall book of work as a whole and his talent would be worth because of his current out of body play right now. That's why I just dont see Matthews being a target for Houston.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Portland and Houston will not be trading with each other. Chicago has no interest in taking asik back.

For now nothing will happen but something may come up as the season goes on.

11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Portland is not trading any of it's starters (except maybe Lopez). They are not trading Lillard, period.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Morey isn't an irrational guy like most of CF's he would allready know his feelings towards Wes. My feeling is Wes could of been had last year if morey really wanted him, I don't think morey would just completey change his opinion on him now

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Also, the Blazers seems to be trying to "win now," especially if they are trying to acquire Asik. This means they are most likely not willing to give up a player who fills a present need for the team-- like Matthews. Their more likely offer is something of future value (pick, prospects not in the rotation) plus Lopez (expendable if you get Asik, also salary match filler).

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's really hard to think of a good trade partner for Asik. I know Portland can use him... but what can they offer... either us or a 3rd team, in a trade... unless someone really overvalues CJ McCollum?

I think the Bobcats might like him, but same question?

Atlanta seems like it makes sense, and certainly Millsap would help... but I just don't know. Does Atlanta really want to do it? Does Houston?

Ilyasova's been horrible coming off of injury.

The Knicks would love him, but what can they trade? They don't have anything of value.

I like the idea of Deng, and using TJones as the real PF, and going "small" otherwise at PF, but don't think the Bulls want Asik. Maybe a three team trade there.

Asik+Lin? Great package for a trade partner, but the double poison pill makes it difficult... and frankly I've been really impressed by Lin. I think he is perfectly suited for a 6th man role for this team, and for a lot of teams... which isn't a knock... he could start, too, but as a Crawford/Jason Terry in his prime esque type 6th man, that's a valuable piece. And the Bulls could use a PG now. But I'd want more than Deng for Asik+Lin.

Something like Asik, Lin, Jones, DMo for Greg Monroe, Stuckey, Villanueva (all on last year of contract) would be interesting. Monroe has actually regressed for 2 years in a row, but not that significantly, and is a heck of a player, and can play the 4/5. But why would the Pistons want Asik... even though Lin+Asik is a great combo... but they have Drummond who is turning out to be a better version of Asik. But TJones is turning into a Monroe light type player. Stuckey's been solid this year.

Maybe some kind of three team trade where Houston ends up with Monroe, the Pistons end up with Lin, a third team ends up with Asik, and other pieces change hands.