1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Good God, the Aldnoah.Zero finale was INSANE. That sorry b*stard Slaine can go straight to hell.

Glad its returning in January.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Attack on Titan is one of the best anime series I've ever watched, if you've never seen it
    I highly recomend it.

3. mikus

mikus Member

I agree that was crazy. I think that boy got a little confused during all the torture.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What the hell did I just watch?

A lot of people hated Inaho as the main character now he's dead and people are freaking out. Hilarious. I hope they stay dead though! they better not bring the Princess and Inaho back for season 2 using some Aldnoah Drive Magics. That b**** Slaine is the main character now.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It's pretty freakin' awesome!

6. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I just finished watching the first season. It suck we have to wait to either 2015 or 2016 for season 2 from what i've read :(

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'll probably end up having to rewatch the first season right before the 2nd one airs as a refresher. Between being so far ahead in the manga and so long since the 1st season aired (seems like just yesterday when were were excitedly discussing each episode as they aired in this thread, but damn, that was like a year and a half ago now), I've lost a lot of the excitement for the anime that I once had.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I tried to start the manga after the first season ended and it was hard to get through past where the anime ended. So I'm thinking I'll rewatch it and then start the manga from that point forward. The art of the manga isn't as impressive to me as it's anime counterpart so I think that's why I struggled

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've been following up on the manga, and the pacing has slowed down a lot. Even when there are complaints of stretching out the show, I think they have their work cut out for them with season 2.

I binge watched Tokyo Ghoul this weekend based off of feedback here. Pretty damn gory, but too bad the series or the material is still ongoing.

Any suggestions for completed series in the last 5 years? I hate watching ongoing series when there should be a lot of good suggestions to binge watch...

10. itony

itony Member

haikyu is over?......=(

11. Hayesfan

For the first season. :(

I have already read ahead in the manga... they have enough for a second season right now imo.

did you like it?

12. itony

itony Member

may have been a fan just because i just started getting into volleyball but I enjoyed it. displayed volleyball imo fairly well and although it did have its fair share of crap where you'd say no way in hell that ever happens it's no where near as outlandish as say prince of tennis (although I liked that as well)

Gave me the feels last two episodes

13. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Any particular genre? Once I know, I'll make more recommendations.

One of the most memorable anime I have watched in some time was Steins;Gate. An amazing adaptation on time travel. If you haven't already seen this, then you're going to be glued to the coach. If your binge rolls into the work week, you'll probably want to call in sick. It's that enthralling.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Steins Gate is a good suggestion. I've heard good things about it.

I like sci-fi, action, gore, or even the philosophical ones.

15. Hayesfan

So what Fall animes has everyone added to their list. I have a couple that are manga I have read that I will be watching.

Added:

Yowapeda season 2
    Denki-gai (manga)
    Log Horizon season 2
    I can't understand what my husband is saying (manga)
    Wolf Girl and Black Prince (manga)
    The Fruit of Grisaia
    Gugure! Kokkuri-san
    Orenchi no Furo jijo (manga- but I just started it when I heard about the anime)

I didn't finish a few of the summer season ones... but I did complete:
    Haiyku!!(can't wait for more!)
    Free! (less BL feel in the second season - but there was some undertones)
    Love Stage (total yaoi, but it was entertaining... pretty funny at points - almost exactly followed the manga)
    Ao Haru Ride (Blue Spring Ride - Also followed the manga very closely - can't wait for more of this one animated as well)
    Baby Steps (really loved this one... and now I'm completely caught up in the manga as well.. the wait is going to be painful)
    Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun (very well adapted from the manga - and even more hilarious as an anime)

16. mikus

mikus Member

Thanks for reminding me about Yowapeda S2. My current list for this season:
    SAO II
    Akame ga Kill
    Log Horizon 2
    Yowapeda 2
    RWBY 2

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Will be watching Log Horizon 2, and Yowapeda 2 along with continuing SAO2 and Akame ga Kill. Started in on Terra Formars and I'm really liking it through the 1st 2 eps.

With all the other shows going on or starting up right now (Legend of Korra season 4, Boardwalk Empire, TWD, Gotham, AoS, Homeland, Arrow, Flash etc) I'm not going to be adding too many anime series this season. However, for many years to come I will remember the legend that was the incredible 2014 Summer Anime Season.

PS, The Zankyou no Terror finale was super depressing.

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I'm so far behind I don't know what to do. Only finished hxh and I don't even wanna watch the last episode of haikyuu :(

Yowamushi pedal!!!! Think that'll be one of the few I'll follow this season besides log horizon. Gotta keep my list smaller this time around lol.

19. Hayesfan

I thought about picking that one up... But I'm afraid I'll have nightmares of giant cockroaches! ;)

20. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I just finished SAO2, i was loving it up until the final two episodes. It turned in a direction i thought was pretty cliche and really ruined the experience for me.

It was a nice anime but ended up forgettable IMO