1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors offense under Steve Kerr [bballbreakdown video]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vneuro, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you want to crown them, then crown their asses.

Let's wait until we see Kerr's offense throughout the course of a season before we start singing its praises.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He certainly motivated them to the best record in over 20 years:rolleyes:

-I wish Mchale could "motivate" Harden to play better D

-I wish Mchale & Morey could "motivate" us out the 1st round '

-I wish more players would've be more "motivated" to play for Houston this offseason, but obviously not the case smh.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Kerr was terrible as GM of the Suns and had a hard time identifying basic sets on television. Not worried about him.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

The Warriors ran various "Spurs" plays, including Motion Weak, last year, too.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8yeaVXfNXNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As did crappy offensive teams like Bucks, Celtics, Sixers and Bobcats.

Not saying it's bad offense -- it's not -- but what separates the Spurs from all other teams is the crispness, cohesiveness and pace of their offense.
    Many teams have copied parts of the Spurs offense. That's nothing new. Replicating it is a way harder task, that, really, none has been able to accomplish.

Corner pick&roll out of a triangle set-up are something a number of teams do, too, including the bad offensive teams like the Bulls.
    Again, not saying it's bad offense, but the Warriors are due to improve offensively simply just by not playing as many dumb lineup combinations and not running as many Harrison Barnes, Mo Speights, Jermaine O'Neal and David Lee ISOs.
    They're a good team, but it's way too early to get a good feel for just how good they'll be on offense, never mind in totality.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It has less to do with the system and more to do with execution and being proficient.

6. NotChandlerParsons

It sounds like he's in over his head to me. Lots of teams have ripped off sets from motion weak over the past few years; none have come close to the efficiency of the Spurs. As for the triangle, nobody's done well with it except Phil. I'll reserve judgement until I see them play but I'm pretty skeptical.

7. NotChandlerParsons

And of course hmmhmmm already made the same post I did but better.

8. ApuN

ApuN Member

Don't know why people are expecting big things out of Kerr

He's never coached before and was a bench warmer when he played

Just can't assume he is going to be a success no matter what the x's and o's are.

9. NotChandlerParsons

Seriously have you heard the guy commentate. He's like the epitome of sounding intelligent while never actually saying anything insightful.