1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is the first tweet I've read of his where I can actually respect the guy a little bit more. The fact is, however, that showing up to practice, working hard, and putting in the time to become the player we all know you can be is the best way you can take care of your son, Royce.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think it's clear now that basketball isn't healthy for him. If his health is his #1 priority, then it's time for him to stop whining about how the Rockets are treating him and go take care of himself instead. Keep him under contract, but retain all his earnings until he rejoins the team.

1 person likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Check out his Twitter. He as much support as he does hate. A lot of folks coming out to applaud him, actually.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If you get a retweet from Royce you get more followers.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I know, but most of those people dont even know what happened nor are bbal fans, they were simply following #anxiety hashtags

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I got 2 retweets and a few replies from Royce, nek minute his fans came in calling me a dumbass, mind my own business and asking me why do

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No, he has a ton of respectable people out their with mental illnesses stepping up to bat for him. Not saying I agree with how he is handling things, but this is NOT one sided by any means. He is a big part of that community.

8. tofu--

tofu-- Member

It's cause you're a decent person.

I'm not. So I just see him being manipulative again to try and win back support. If he cares so much about his kid he wouldn't be doing this. Period. We all have to sacrifice for things we love, for family, and according to him he doesn't need to do it. And if he doesn't feel like he wants to do it, the NBA isn't for him and he's a smart enough guy to succeed elsewhere. But he needs to cut the BS and cut this victimhood and "health" stuff because his actions do not reflect his perceived priorities.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Oops accidentally clicked on submit, I was meant to say
    "mind my own business and why do I even care"

Here's the actual tweet from one of his fans:

from @tnytro
    @teachwonna why do you even care does it affect your life? No, stop seeking attention and worry about yourself.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Really? It seemed like more moves to manipulate the situation he has created.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Do you sacrifice your mental health, and the mental health of your family, to do your job?

12. ApuN

ApuN Member

He has turned into the biggest twitter-loon in the known universe.

And all his supporters do nothing but feed into his madness

What damn shame

13. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gee....

Maybe he shouldn't have left school early to enter the NBA draft if he was so worried about his mental health?

14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Do you use your mental health as an excuse to get PT aka promotion out of your employer? Do you go apesh!t on social media against your employer when you know you not gonna get it?

1 person likes this.
  15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You have no idea what PTSD is.

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy has a son born in November of 2011 and then decides to leave school early to enter the NBA draft....

A decision that any normal sane person would have made.

He has the same needs and desires as the rest of us, only he gets the added benefit of being handled with kids gloves due to his "condition".

PATHETIC!

Generalized Anxiety Disorder.....

.....since your doctor is not allowed to tell you "stop being a b****".

1 person likes this.
  17. ApuN

ApuN Member

What trauma has Royce gone through??

Not being funny or a smart a**.

Please tell me??

18. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I wish there was a way for royce to see this post

19. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I don't think that I've seen something like this in sports EVER that I can think of.

How does this get overlooked when drafting a player?

I hope he gets it right for himself first of all.

Yes, as a fan of the Rockets I'd like to see him play/practice/everything.

I don't know what comes next.

20. just a word

just a word Member

You know, the more I think about how he's acted recently and about anxiety symptoms and causes in general (ie. that it's a lot about fears and feeling out of control) that I wonder if his inability to move off the ball is related.

Basically that he's literally lost on the basketball court as well, if he doesn't have direct control of the current situation.

And then I wonder if this ties in at all with how he's feeling 'unsupported'.

This goes with the theory that you can tell a lot about a person by how he fights, because it's indicative of how he deals with confrontations in general. That being the case, I'm wondering if he'd essentially be a basketball bust as well, given how he'd need an entire team tailored around him at this point.

I don't know; take this with a grain of salt given that I'm with the rest of you as an outsider looking in.