1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taliban kill over 100 people, mostly children, in attack on school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dmc89, Dec 16, 2014.

1. dmc89

dmc89 Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30491435

[​IMG]

RIP. Such a disgusting, horrible thing.

Islamic terrorism kills more Muslims than any drone attacks. And moderate Muslims do more than speak out against extremist Islam: they die by the thousands battling them. This attack on the school was revenge for the ongoing operations by the military against extremists. I hope this touches a nerve in Pakistan in realizing how ineffective the corrupt, civilian government is (which has cowardly embraced some extremists for more votes). I hope this makes a certain conservative poster - and people like him that questions why moderate Muslims are so silent and unresponsive to extremism - understand there are sacrifices being made by thousands of moderate Muslims with their own lives which doesn't get media attention in America.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Like clock work...Prayers to those innocent victims and their families that suffer from extremist violence every day.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cowards

4. g1184

g1184 Member

What kind of soul-less animal walks into a room full of kids and opens fire without remorse ... how they have any kind of support in areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan when they do this kind of **** is beyond me.

5. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Truly tragic.

Blaming the civilian government is unfair though. This is a monster that the Pakistan military created, and is now losing control of. The same military that planned the 2008 Mumbai blasts among many others in India. There are enough books on Pakistan's twisted agenda that I won't even bother, the worst probably being the '71 genocide in Bangladesh.

Still, the democratic government is no better and using Pakistan as an example of moderate Islam is not a good idea.

Here's an article about how PUBLIC textbooks openly endorse Jihad and hate.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article/Hindu-Enemy-Of-Islam/228854

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/aug/18/world/fg-schools18

Also lets not forget about the most recent story, highlighting the ruthless blasphemy laws the country has, with a Christian woman currently on death row -

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/14/132031645/christian-s-death-verdict-spurs-holy-row-in-pakistan

A true tragedy, but lets not place Pakistan as an example of moderate Islam.

1 person likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Tragic. Cowards, deplorable, despicable human beings.

Islam is filthy and religion of peace my F'in arse. What a joke!

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

With so many people attending the school and it being labeled as a military school (known as the Army Public School), it makes you wonder why there wasn't security or more security there to deal with any possible threats? If there was security there, then it obviously was very weak.

You can't put anything past these Taliban animals. Are you going to assume they won't attack a school like this?

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These guys are in a race with ISIS and Boko Haram to see who can be the worst of the worsts.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a horrible and disgusting tragedy. I can't believe anyone thinks these kinds of actions somehow help their cause.

10. g1184

g1184 Member

The last sentence kills me. Is that some twisted way to humanize their actions? "Oh, you meant to shoot only older students? Yeah, you're alright then - carry on."

11. Remii

Remii Member

When some people are at war... They don't play by any rules.

12. g1184

g1184 Member

At some point I would imagine that the emotional toll compels you to stop, but I guess you're right - because they didn't stop.

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

They would do the same thing in America given the opportunity. In fact, this shooting might inspire some radicals to do the same thing over here.

Which is why I have zero problem torturing these people to get the info we need to prevent things like this from taking place.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There are no rules in war. This is a fabrication brought up over the last couple of centuries. A country can play nice or they can deal with the wrath of all the civilized countries. This is what the middle east fails to understand.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree that this is a tragedy, but dude, you really have no ground to stand on when you "this shooting might inspire some radicals to do the same thing over here." Did Boko Haram's kidnapping of 276 girls inspire the same thing to happen here? Did we see an epidemic of hotel sieges after Mumbai?

Anything and everything are possibile. That doesn't mean that anything and everything are probable.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Yea but these are people who will strap bombs to their chest... This is a tragedy, but sadly I'm not surprised.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree they would do the same here if they could. We might even get some people trying it now.

But, I think it's very dangerous to take this kind of stuff as a justification for torturing people or committing other atrocities. I'm saddened and horrified and indignant like everyone else and I want them defeated and destroyed. But, I don't think we toss out our rules of engagement just because they did. There's a lot to be gained by being the good actor.

And it concerns me to see the dehumanizing language some other folks use, calling them soulless or animals. Atrocities start when you can see your enemy as inhuman. I'm sure you'd see a lot of that language bandied about by the Taliban, which makes things like killing children easier for them. The US has had its own history with it as well, from genocide of the Native American to slavery of blacks to war atrocities in Vietnam. Yes, these are bad people. Yes, our enmity with them means we should probably kill them as we're able. But, let's not get ourselves onto the path of killing children or torturing prisoners.

1 person likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

Who are "these people"? And do you have a problem with the torture of innocent people in the process?

19. the shark

the shark Member

So you have a problem with calling people animals who kill children?

I wonder what you would be calling them if it was YOUR CHILD?

"Atrocities start when you can see your enemy as inhuman". ANYBODY that kills a child is a PIECE OF **** AND SHOULD BE DISPOSED OF IMMEDIATELY and yes they are INHUMAN.

20. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

If these cowardly terrorists live in a remote area, apart from the rest of mainstream Pakistan, then this is how I feel:

[​IMG]