1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AP] Stone Tells Undecided Voters to Stay Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Oct 18, 2004.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Stone has spoken; undecided voters will acquiesce to his will.

Stone Tells Undecided Voters to Stay Home Oct 18, 7:59 AM (ET)

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - "South Park" co-creator Matt Stone has a message for all you undecided voters.

"Stay home," said Stone. "It doesn't matter who you're gonna vote for. If you really don't know who you're gonna vote for, or are uninformed, or haven't really thought about it? Just stay home."

Stone and Trey Parker have teamed up for the puppet parody "Team America: World Police," which debuted in third place at the box office this weekend with $12.3 million. A parody of 1980s action movies, the film ridicules both Democrats and Republicans.

In person, Stone has little patience for those on the political fence.

"If you really don't know or you're just going to vote for George Bush because he's already in office, or you're gonna vote for John Kerry because he's on the cover of Rolling Stone, don't do that. That's lame. Just stay home. That's all we ever said," Stone told the San Francisco Chronicle in Sunday's editions.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hate to say it but I actually agree.

I just don't understand how anyone could be truly undecided at this point. What are you waiting for? What issue is the sticking point? What could possibly happen in the next few weeks that will sway your vote?

Did you see some of those "undecided" voters at the 3rd debate? Man, those people all looked stoned. I couldn't tell if it was a Presidential Debate or a Star Trek convention. You got the feeling that they didn't even understand the questions they were reading. It was just odd.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I spoke with a buddy of mine yesterday, and the topic turned to the election (this is a guy who voted for Gore in 2000). He told me both he and his wife were sitting on the fence and would probably decide as they were walking into the polling place. My responses were basically "WTF"? and "how come"?.

He gave me a very believable reply.....

"Both Bush and Kerry are pure pieces of sh*t. Bush is a crook and Kerry is a liar. It's a tough decision when you have to choose between two pieces of sh*t".

Suddenly I understood......

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Mr. President, I have one question that all of America wants the answer to. In the original Star Trek, were there 79 episodes, or just 78?"

5. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Dude. When someone who voted Gore in 2000 is undecided for this election, I am scared.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i can see the indecision. in the past, i've been like you guys...not understanding how someone could go this long and still be undecided.

but the problem is, no candidate defines all of the issues i am concerned with. fore example, if kerry were pro-life, it would be easier. if bush had a real health care plan, or if i at least thought he was heading towards a real health care plan, it would be easier.

so ultimately, it's not choosing between different candidates but valuing my own priorities relative to each other.

having said that...i already voted. Go Smarty Go!! He sealed the deal for me when he chose Carlos Beltran as his running mate.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Sunday's Doonesbury

[​IMG]

:D

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Though I do agree that Beltran was the only viable choice for his VP candidate, Smarty is STILL nothing more than a washed up has-been who is now a prostitute.

That being said, maybe he is a better choice for president than the guys from the two majors. ;)

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

is there really any doubt of this?? :)