1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Terrence Jones could be asking for $15M per year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Too many things went wrong for T-Jones. Like D-Mo, T-Jones has talent. He was actually doing pretty good before getting hit by freak injuries one after another. It's sad really, but that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny that there's a thread like this for a guy not even worth a QO.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It wouldn't shock me to see him wind up as an effective 10-15 minute per game player again, but that's about it.

5. RESINator

RESINator Member

Big ops by TJnones

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

15 million dollars? whats that for damages to his shoes after stomping so many homeless pple?
    rich pple shoes aint cheap. tj's stomping boots must be 20k. worth the price i bet

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1 year deal with Pelicans. I haven't seen a quote on the number, but I believe the Pellies are capped out. So, minimum salary? Or did they use an exception (if it's one year, I think no)?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who lost more money with the Rockets poor play last year and due to their contribution with this team?

-Jones
    -Lawson
    -Donatas (back surgery and trade fallout obv factor)
    -Thornton

1 person likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lawson for sure.

Jones isn't far behind, but he could at least pin his failings on freak injuries and the fact that he's still young. Lawson is aging and looked like he forgot the concept of basketball.

Thornton was kinda of always viewed as a minimum player. DMo will land a contract in due time.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Definitely Lawson. He's a guy that should have been looking at near max money from someone if he played like his old star self and the worst case scenario should have been a Rondo type deal. Instead he looks a Vin Baker type who will need to prove himself on veteran minimum deals.

Jones is second. Probably getting like $3 million on a one year deal (same as Nene). Thornton was never getting any serious money.

Donatas is a strange one.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You could add Dwight to that list.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Where's Thornton? Where's smith?

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

For that matter anybody gonna pick up Lawson? If he is going for the minimum you would think some team would have to scoop the guy? He was so good and it wasn't even that long ago like not even 2 years

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

More like the rockets lost more because of those guys. No wanted to play for us this year after the disaster season last year.

15. justtxyank

Smith another good example. If he had another rebound season with the Rockets he'd be looking at a decent payday this offseason. Instead he's probably going to sign for the minimum or a small exception somewhere. Again.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, all of those players hurt the Rockets for different reasons.

-Jones - Because he was terible at basketball and the team actually played him
    -Lawson - Because he was terrible at basketball and the team actually played him
    -Donatas - Becuase he was injured for a lot of the season and didn't paly much
    -Thornton - Because he was terrible at basketball and the team actually played him

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I put Thornton on there. Didn't include Smith because he was already a vet min player before coming back to the Rockets.

Thornton was on a vet min contract too, but I assumed that he too less to re-brand himself as a 6th man type of player and to reap benefits in free agency this year. Had the Rockets been a deep playoff team with him being the a 6th man of the year candidate, it could have been crucial for his second half of his BBall career.

18. justtxyank

Add Smith to that. He fits 3/4 of those. Amazing how all of those guys went from at least being league average contributors to being total scrubs last year.

I was never a fan of Josh Smith so he's the least surprising to me that he turned back into a pumpkin but still.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, I was very against Smith when the Rocket first got him, but he miraculously had a decent season here but then last year he remembered who he was.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

No I saw him I just was asking where they are haha