1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Station Advertisement (on a budget)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. what

what Member

I am looking to get into some radio ads (not ads necessarily but tag lines(??)) possibly starting with the AM dial. But I am pretty clueless as to what is out there in terms of opportunity.

I was also thinking about greensheet ads.

Anybody have any experience in cheap radio mentions, etc?

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Go for AM radio stations that aren't primarily in English... Might get a cheaper deal

3. what

what Member

have you had success with this? I know that houston has a HUGE bi-lingual population, but my website is in english.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Are you looking to advertise your p*rn star blog, or is this different?

5. what

what Member

different.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What are you trying to advertise? I've done some radio and am ramping up for a new spot right now. I really don't like radio but I think it depends on what you're looking for and where you're advertising. Can you give any more info or are you committed to the mystery routine?

7. what

what Member

I am trying to promote a small mobile repair business. But my objective is to build my brand (and thus gain trust), rather than getting a direct sell from each ad I run.

Trust requires either word of mouth or familiarity with the brand. I am looking for the later at this point.

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

When you say mobile repair, what exactly are you repairing? I ask because it makes a big difference in terms of what stations you would utilize for advertising.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

FB ads and online reviews not working for branding at all?

Radio is expensive and tricky IMO, so it's hard to maintain momentum long term. If you listen to AM radio regularly you'll notice new spots for a few weeks then never hear from that company again. They either advertise seasonally (when their service is in peak demand) or give up because it doesn't work (common).

You get a lot of restaurants and bars because anyone can use the service at any time. With your type of advertising they only care about you when they need you - meaning they'll forget about you immediately or ignore your ad unless you have a ton of ad spend and your brand magically becomes synonymous with that particular problem.

I feel like your ROI is going to be **** and you don't have the spend to build the brand equity you're looking for.

10. what

what Member

That's probably true. I was thinking about offering my services as giveaways for radio stations, and also I don't plan to have a full blown 5 second ad. I am more looking into getting tagged (sharing cost with other companies). I heard on radio stations before like talk radio that 250.00 can buy you like 30 mentions throughout the month.

One radio station I've been looking at is 95.1 Sangeet Radio. I absolutely LOVE their on air personalities even though I don't understand half of what they are saying.