1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Beverley: Mr. 94 feet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I heard an ad on the radio for a limo company this morning featuring Patrick Beverley introducing himself as "Pat Beverley, AKA Mr. 94 Feet. I'm known for driving 94 feet on the basketball court..."

Is this a thing? Is this his nickname and I just missed it?

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

More like Mr. 24 feet.

Dude thinks he's Ray Allen now.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I thought it was because he defends for 94 feet... Which isn't true anymore.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bev is overrated as a defender, he just looks like a spazz on defense so people think he's good. He's decent, but definitely not elite.

8. onreego

onreego Member

94 dribbles in one spot before making a bad decision.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

"Mr Bone on Bone with both knees" or "Looks like I am a Double Amputee right Below the Knees" are more fitting phrases for him.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, in the commercial he say's drive because it just makes more sense with it being about a limo service. Funny that the OP mentioned this because I thought the exact same thing as you about the "I drive (as opposed to defend) 94 feet" part when I heard this commercial this morning at around 7:30.

Obviously drive makes much more sense then defend in this case, but that's really not how you "earned" that nickname Bev.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Beverley went from being a darling of Rockets fans to being one of the biggest goats in a matter of a month or so.

Last season, we loved his hustle not just on defense but on those scrappy offensive rebounding. He also played within himself on offense and rarely turnover the ball. At the beginning of the season, he even looked like his long ball shooting had improved.

Now his shot began to be inconsistent like last season. And we are exposed on offense when we can't find anyone beside Harden who can make a play. Beverley suddenly became a liability.

To me, Beverley is what he is, a guy not very talented as a PG but get by with effort and energy. He is a decent 3pt shooter and is very good at pressuring the ball on defense. But he does not have the court vision on both ends of the floor. (Yes, defense needs court vision to see the development of the opponent's offensive play.)

He is the PG version of Tarik Black. The problem with energy guys is that they can't sustain the energy with heavy minutes. They are best used in spurts. I believe this is why his defensive intensity seems to have dropped lately. And his health is also a concern.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

too bad he can't guard stephen curry.

13. Cranberry_Juice

he went 92 feet then got blocked.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bev plays better during playoffs, but spot on on your post

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He is shooting 39% from three point range. Not too shabby.

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

lol, you said holy carp and still all I could think was Fishop.

17. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I was actually surprised to hear Chris Webber referring to Bev as his nickname quite a few times on a recent NBATV game. Definitely not catching on, but some people do use it.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This post needs some reps. Wish I had any left.

Bev is great as an energy player, but put in a position where he has to play long minutes, and you can see that he is not as effective as he was, say in the first quarter. Still, he will get a well deserved multimillion dollar contract here or somewhere else.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

It has seemed like Pat Bev has been trying to make that nickname happen for awhile now, but no one else has ever really called him that.

I do like the shirt though http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9150038

Although, I have always thought that if you covered up Bev's hair and only looked at the outline of Bev's goatee, it could have totally been an outline of James Harden's Mohawk and beard.