1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

KG - Soft?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

With all the Talk about Vince not Elevating his team

I wonder. . . .when the chips are down and the
    last second shot needs to be made
    KG seems the set up for Wally or someone else

It doesn't seem like he making the step to superstar
    anymore than Vince...

Rocket River

2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I disagree I have seen numerous occations, albeit before he had Wally, that he was taking control in the fourth. I remember the year that they played S.A. in the playoffs that he and Sam Mitchell were the only two guys willing to take a shot in crunch time.... Anyhow I have only watched a few Wolves games this year (the Bulls romp was hillarious) so I don't know if he is deffering more this year than in others. All I know is without him Wally wouldn't be averaging more than 10 points per game.

3. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I've been saying it all along. He has the tools to be one of the greatest ever but the truth is he's a follower not a leader. He has the skills but he needs to demand the ball in the 4th and let everyone know that he's taking over. I dont know if it's that he doesn't want to do this or if he's just trying to keep his teamates happy but in order for the Wolves to get to the promised land, he needs to do this.

4. ScreamingRocketJet

2 of 13 shooting v Utah today...the Wolves lose for the 8th straight game (?)...Karl Malone dominates KG all = maybe time that his status as an absolute 'super star' was revised IMO...

The absolute 'elite' players normally find a way to break their teams out of a slump like this...KG hasn't been able to do it.

If he jags a 30 and 20 v Memphis etc...that won't mean much either. It should have been today, v Karl Malone...when his team absolutely needed something.

5. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I'm just wondering, but what is the definition of a soft player? :confused:

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

"but what is the definition of a soft player? "

[​IMG]

:p ;)

7. ScreamingRocketJet

DC Rock...ROTFLOL:D :D :D

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Joke of the year!

:D:D:D:D:D

9. IVFL

IVFL Member

LOL it looks like he is blowing a kiss to whoever is gaurding him:D

I seriously think that Garnett does not know how to take over a game. thats when the pressure is really turned up in the NBA and garnett seems to fade or defer more. Mabey it has something to do with him coming out of highschool. Other than t-mac and kobe. which highschooler can control or take over a game?

10. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I agree. If Vince cannot be considered as a superstar then neither can Garnett. Vince has taken his team farther than Garnett ever has. I think they are the same: two players who are overhyped by the league. Until either of them make any noise in the playoffs, they cannot be considered superstars. Superstars are like Kobe, Shaq, Iverson and even Ray Allen. Any of those players can get theirs AND get others involved and also get a victory. Garnett and Vince cannot-they either pass and not score or vice versa.