1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Byron Scott Plans to Make Kobe Bryant Sit Out Some Games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 9, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/byron-scott-plans-make-kobe-bryant-sit-games/

2. traveler

traveler Member

3. NotChandlerParsons

Kobe Bryant Plans To Have Byron Scott Fired

1 person likes this.
  4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Why do you need Kobe when you have Jeremy?! Seems like common sense to me.....

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

gotta let the superstars rest. this is similar to t-mac.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

good luck to Byron Scott!

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

KobLiNa****y!

8. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Its not like there going to the playoffs or something

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

"We are tanking" is what I got out of that.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Completely logical intentions on Scott's part, in my opinion. If Bryant has a brain, he'll allow his coach to be his coach, and for his own good. At least if he wants to extend a career reaching its end in 2, maybe 3 years, if the stars align and his body allows it, something not sure at all. I don't like Bryant the least little bit, but his history shows that he's as competitive as anyone who's ever laced them up. Good luck with your plan, Byron. You'll need it. As a Rockets fan, I'm hoping Bryant is as stubborn as he's always been, and runs himself into the ground.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If we all know who Kobe Bryant has shown himself to be...there will be a zero chance that Kobe Bryant will be told whether he is gonna play a game or not as a means of protecting/prolonging his career...Kobe's mind is much stronger, and Byron has another thing coming if he thinks this is an option. Kobe will stop playing on his own terms. Its what makes him the competitor that he is. Now in regards to minutes played, I think Kobe will adjust to something like that.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Guess the Cavs will do the same with Lebron:

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt said Friday he is open to the idea of resting LeBron James at times during the season to keep the star forward fresh for a postseason run.

James sat out the morning practice session of Cleveland's two-a-day Friday in order to rest his back. Earlier this week, James described his back as feeling "iffy" and only played in two out of three periods during the Cavs' intrasquad scrimmage Wednesday.

The Cavaliers want LeBron James to be fresh for the playoffs and are toying with the idea of resting him at times -- even for full games -- during the regular season.
    Friday was the first practice that James missed since training camp opened a week ago.

Blatt downplayed the development, pointing out that several other veterans -- Mike Miller, Anderson Varejao and Shawn Marion -- have also been given time off for "maintenance." He added that James planned to participate in Friday's second practice session in the evening.

The coach did not rule out James getting scheduled rest periods -- including possibly sitting out games -- as the season goes on, however.

"Certainly could," Blatt said. "It's not specifically planned at this point. In other words, we didn't sit down and already write up a plan for what game he would miss or what practice he would miss, but it could [happen] depending on need."

James is expected to play when the Cavs take on Blatt's former team, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, in their first preseason game Sunday.

James has played in 842 out of a possible 886 regular-season games during his first 11 years in the league, but the former prep-to-pro phenom turns 30 in December. The body changes over time.

James, who has played close to 40,000 minutes during his career, went on a strict, 67-day diet during the offseason in order to shed weight, but he has balked at the notion that the wear and tear is catching up to him.

"I'm 29 years old, and I can still fly above the rim," James said on media day. "I don't need to lose weight to do that, not at this point in my career."

Blatt said he watched from afar as San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich pulled players out of the lineup at various times in recent seasons to try to preserve them for the playoffs.

"I noticed a lot of what Pop does because he does it pretty well," Blatt said. "In my last years in Europe, I was coaching close to 80 games each year. I know what it is. The travel was a lot harder where I was than it was here.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11634537/cleveland-cavaliers-open-regularly-resting-lebron-james-season

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Byron Scott is going to get DOMINATED by Kobe all year long. DOMINATED.

It's about to get reeeeeeal ugly in L.A.

Won't be any dap for Coach Scott this year. LOL

14. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Kobe is 36, Nash is 40. Are they the oldest starting back court in the history of NBA?

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Based on an informal study I just did (a quick Google search) it appears so. Although I don't think Nash will actually play this season- so he's not really starting.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Byron Scott and Asst Coach Bryant were teammates for Kobe's rookie season. I think they'll be fine.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

With Kobe playing horrible i think now would be the time for Byron to sit Kobe some games imo.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

Byron Scott: says will sit kobe, plays him 40min every game.

Maybe he should just limit his minutes instead or make him come off the bench since they are not making the playoffs anyways

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

because Kobe has made this season about personal milestones, catching Jordan on the all time list and continuing to be the all time most missed shooter in history

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kobe is Byron Scott's boss. Byron can't make Kobe do anything.