1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official Knicks Thread post

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jan 3, 2014.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

The main one is at http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1294699&sid=d9f045a85e73c81b659751a6f89b7708

There are always gems that come out of their game threads. They are already mocking Lin, calling him the "goat that saved their season" and posting tmac pictures.

Something I liked is that they referred to us as a "western elite team" still getting used to that.

Be on the lookout and post all gems!

Other smaller forums are at:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=46445

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?14274-New-York-Knicks-Houston-Rockets-1-3-2014-8-00PM

2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

An actually decent analysis of our team from there:

"Rox are a strange team. They win only if: 1. they hit their three's or 2. the guards let Dwight dominate in the paint. Like all three-shooting teams, they tend to be streaky. Often, Harden plays iso--which gets contagious, then all the guards play selfishly--and that keeps Dwight from getting enough touches. And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why that happens. It's really the oddest thing. Dwight's become dangerous again, but they don't feed him enough. Against the crappy Kings the other night, he only got 9 attempts; while Harden went for 26. A very frustrating team to watch, in fact. Probably the worst of the Western "elite," might just be a cut above the Suns.

They also have a tendency to play down to bad teams.

If we can play like we did against the Spurs, I'd be, therefore, cautiously optimistic. I mean they've beaten us the 3 games straight. We got to turn it around at some point."

Also, they seem to have a breed of BOF's (bargnani) based on someone defending bargnani and being called a "raptor fan" on the forum:
    ":-? Wtf

These raptors fans an awkwardly obsession with Andrea."

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JR Smith, Melo, ISO plays and chuck mode watch

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

"go get another tattoo: "I suck ""

"JR cost us the game. He is the dumbest player probably in NBA history."

"Even with no expectations, they still manage to make the loss heartbreaking. Thanks, Knicks. You guys are just an abomination. A stunningly beautiful abomination."

"Mental midgets."

"Well, he outcoached McHale. Thing is JR outretarded both of them."

"F*** you J.R. Smith"

"Good game, BAD TEAM!! I hope JR dies"

"This team makes me want to smash every piece of furniture in my apartment and cracks me up at the same time. I can't believe how many times these morons have **** up in crunch time. It's astonishing."

"Beno is one idiot."

"Everyone, your New York Knicks!!! loll"

"SHUMP JUST PARKED HARDEN'S ASS ON SHUMP 21 SHUMP STREET"

"WTF is Harden doing? Edit: Looks like an injury, that was insensitive. "

"Shump is redeeming the ***** out of himself in my eyes"

5. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

This is lol for the Official Fire McHale thread :)

"Lets see what this fool woodson does.."
    "This might be the only coaching matchup woody wins."
    "Well, he outcoached McHale. Thing is JR outretarded both of them."

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

"lol @ Dorsey looking like one of
    Dwight Howard's 50 kids"

"Big Papanikolaou
    another useful knick player we traded in another dumb trade"

"Nice steal by Larkin. I hate Terry"

"Montiejunas is gonna go off on us"

"rockets interior passing is excellent geez"

"I literally forgot about Canaan. Haven't seen any mention of him all year."

"Harden is tough to guard. I hate dude but you have to admit he is an absolute nightmare to guard. Rockets are not what their record says they are though."

"That no call on the screen set by Marijuanas (or wtf his name is) on Shump was glaring. How do watch that and not call it?"

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I like "lol @ Dorsey looking like one of Dwight Howard's 50 kids"

8. JazzLakerHater

Lol, I'm not going to lie, I like Knicks fans. Not only are they funny, but their also intelligent. Much better fan base than those douches down in Southern California.

da_juice likes this.
  9. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I agree with you 100%

I also love how they boo their own team when they suck. Not being sarcastic at all. I wish we would do that. I mean, the Texans did it to Schaub, why can't we do it Black N' Dorsey?

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

lol:

"Limited talent?!?! I respectfully disagree.

The Knicks have WAY MORE talent than the Houston Rockets. Starting with one the greatest pure scoring weapon of Mass Destruction in Carmelo Anthony who STILL ranks 16 in scoring despite cutting his # shots by 6 more more per game. You got 2 Former MVPS, 1 of the most dynamic 21 year olds, a back up PG that starts on 1/2 the teams in the NBA.

Is Patrick Beverly more talented than Derrick Rose?

I love Ariza but he's no Carmelo Anthony.

Is Capela's career going to be more storied than Noah? Doubtful.

Is Ryan Anderson better than Porzingis? Pffft...not even going to fathom that thought.

Fact is, the Knicks have ZERO chemistry and Melo should have referred to the Knicks went he paid to print, "The System is broken."

Tonight, we get to see the talents of Lance Thomas aka Mr. TriBeCa."

from http://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...id=d9f045a85e73c81b659751a6f89b7708&start=780

11. malakas

malakas Member

Knicks fans are delusional. Nothing new here.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's outstanding stuff. It makes me want to look up lots of team's fan forums. I'm sure everyone thinks they're better than us.

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Yeah it just feels like knicks fans are most Creative and vocal about it

14. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

who are the two former MVPs?

ramotadab likes this.
  15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I didn't catch that at first. Stupid Knick fan probably thinks Melo got it one year

ramotadab likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Aren't the rockets like 28-3 over the passed 16 years against the Knicks?

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It probably is something close to it, the last time I remember losing to the Knicks was post Carmelo when we still had T mac (supposedly in his prime). Jamal Crawford hit a bank 3 at the buzzer.

Ok yeah found the stats on Clutchfans.net. Lucky guess, so its true, the last time we lost to the Knicks was at Toyota Center in the 04-05 season.

http://www.clutchfans.net/opponent_history.cfm?TeamID=18

#17 Ramo$e, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    malakas likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sources: There's been early grumbling among some Knicks about role with the team
    you don't say :rolleyes:

No matter who he plays on a given night, there will be several players left out of the rotation who came into the season expecting to play. So it shouldn't be a surprise that, per SNY sources, there has already been some grumbling about minutes/roles.

Players not being thrilled about their minutes/roles is pretty common in the NBA. All coaches/teams deal with it to a certain degree. But the idea that the Knicks have so many players who - from the outside at least - can make a case for a spot in the rotation makes this something to keep an eye on.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sour...ome-knicks-about-role-with-the-team/311205808

Deuce and malakas like this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

hahahah the season hasn't even started yet and there is already fighting. LOLKnicks

20. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Knicks finna knick