1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That TAYLOR DUNK might have been the best dunk in Rockets history!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MoTaylor2, Dec 10, 2000.

1. MoTaylor2

MoTaylor2 Member

Welll...thats my opinion!....I thought he was gonna fingeroll it in..but DAAAAAAAMNN..A DUNK RIGHT IN THE FACE OF PATRICK EWING!!!!!!! thats my favorite dunk in Rockets history!!!..any comments???????????

------------------
    Ummmmm..........let me guess...???..

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Hakeem has had quite a few memorable ones.

------------------
    "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence ?

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

OH PLEASE! How long have you been watching the Rockets?

------------------

4. crash5179

Elvin, Moses, Ralph, Otis, Hakeem, Chuck not to mention Steve and Cat. Do you think one of those might have had a better dunk at one time or another?

------------------

5. TB3

TB3 Member

The best dunk in Rocket's history?? Did you watch Steve Franchise last year? Do you remember Bill Willoughby? How about when Rudy T dunked in Wilt Chamberlain's face?

------------------

6. crash5179

I don't mean to be so critical of you. If that is your favorite dunk then so be it. Its just that I saw Otis Thorpe go around 7 footers for a right handed thunder slam on several occasions almost just like the one last night. I've seen Steve Frances dunk over seven footers just over the last two years. I remember some of the most beautiful ally oops from John Lucas to Ralph Sampson.
    But my favorite all time dunk belongs to the Dream....
    It was in his early years. Some other Rocket took a shot and it clanked off the back of the rim. The Dream was trailing the play and took off from beyond the free throw line over everyone else got the ball while it was still over the rim and slammed it down for the most thunderous slam I have ever seen! I would love to see that one again.

------------------

7. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

What about the dunk where Francis ends up on Sabonis' shoulders....that was pretty nice.

------------------
    -jbond77

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Horry had some incredible dunks on rebounds in the finals.

There have been too many to list all of them.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

9. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

10. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Hey, the dunk was great. but the best in ROCKET HISTORY?!?!

You havent seen too many Rocket Games MoT!

------------------
    Will the REAL Steve Francis, please step up! I repeat....

11. thefranchise3

thefranchise3 Member

Remember last year when Francis had 2 or 3 guys on him and like he threw it against the backboard, jumped over the three guys and dunked it in. That was much better then Mo Talyor's dunk last night. That dunk might not even make the Plays of the Week.

------------------
    MOVE FRANCHISE TO SG AND MOBLEY TO PG!

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Thaat's the same one I was thinking of, not as the best dunk ever ,but it was certainly very nice.

Best ever HAS to be one of Bullards 3 career slam dunks - probably the one against the Lakers in 96 when he threw it down on the break over Travis Knight(?) and then picked up the T for hollering to the crowd.

------------------

13. alaskansnowman

Did you see the actual play? Francis never dunked it... he layed it in after throwin it off the board.

Anyway, the Taylor dunk was just plain sick, but how can you all forget Francis's dunk over, above, and through Jahidi White last year?

------------------
    da ability to focus attention on important things is a defining characteristic of intelligence - alaskanSnowman

14. MoTaylor2

MoTaylor2 Member

what i meant to say was that it was 1 of the greatest dunks in rockets history......oops.my bad!

------------------
    Ummmmm..........let me guess...???..

15. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

My favorite dunks in Rockets History are

1. Francis over Sabonis
    2. Francis over Jahidi White
    3. Francis over Big Country

I wasn't around to see Sampson play so thats why my favorite ones are recent.

16. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i think that a dunk over hakeem would have been memorable, but since he has been on our team [​IMG].

I like some of clyde, francis, kenny smith, hakeem, horry, and others over mo's dunk. My most memorable dunks are steves over webber, sabonis, and shaq. also hte ones at the slam dunk contest.

but the one i remember that stands out even more than that one is one in which horry drove the lane brought the ball down and then back up and dunked it so hard it bounced off the ground and went back through the net. it was amazing!

the best dunk ever? Dr J's windmill, michael's free trow line dunk, and a college vince dunk in which he jumped nearly from the free throw line and went through his leg and slammed it down.

17. jamma34

jamma34 Member

anyone know where i can get video of that mo taylor dunk?

------------------
    people who are related dont have to look alike. my mom and dad dont resemble each other at all

18. DaneB

DaneB Member

I was at the game and shooting some pics of the game. I even got that awesome slam on film. Anybody interested in seeing some of these game shots I took? Go to the link below in a day or so and check out my photo album.

------------------
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/houstonrockets2000

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

how about the Dream dunk in the finals of 94. the one where he grabs the ball in the air with one hand and kind of swings in a tip in rite on ewings mug!

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    THE WASHINGTON SUCKSKINS!!!!!!! My Cowboys might SUCK, but its nice to know that we can always rely on the SUCKSKINS to be our B**CH!!!!

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I hate to say it but what about KJ over Dream.