1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iso-Harden vs. Lin/Harden dynamic duo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raskol, Nov 2, 2012.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

* I'm straight copying and Pasting this from someone on another forum, but it was something on my mind as well and pertinent so here it goes. I hope Eric doesn't mind too much.

"Iso-Harden vs Lin/Harden dynamic duo. In the previous thread, I expressed the 1st glimmer of a possible concern about 'Iso-Harden' due to the 4Q of the Pistons game. For now, it's easier to chalk up Harden's domination of the ball in the 4Q as simply riding the hot hand. The smart play was to ride Harden's hot hand to the win, and Lin is smart.

But now the Rockets are facing a good defense. The Rockets are less likely to get away with Harden 'taking over' again, which will push the Rockets to play smart unselfish team offense, which is what Lin is all about. If the Rockets respond to good Hawks defense, especially in a close game, with a smart team offense that makes the most of the Lin/Harden dynamic duo, then that will extinguish my ember of a concern that McHale will respond to close-game pressure with 'Iso-Harden' as a reflexive strategy. However, if McHale responds to close-game pressure with 'Iso-Harden' for a 2nd straight close game, but this time against a good defense, then that will be a growing cause for concern."

Agree? Disagree?

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

James Harden won the game for us in the closing minutes in Detroit.

After the game, the biggest smile I saw on the Rockets was from Jeremy Lin.

The rest, who the **** cares.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Whatever works, I guess. If it's ISO-Harden every game? So be it. We finally got our closer in Harden. That's what closers do. Give teh ball to him at the end of the game and let him make the decision.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Disagree. The game that the team played last night was unselfish basketball. He had 12 assists. How much more unselfish can you get? It sounds like if you don't pass the ball to Lin, you are playing selfish.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Harden is the closer, simple as that. Lin will get touches obviously but in crunch time Harden gets the ball.

6. demarco1

demarco1 Member

No ISO ball last nite, they just play Good BBall IQ

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This team better not iso Harden! :mad:

8. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

When was Harden Iso'd? He played off the ball or PnR'ed the whole night. Taking it coast to coast one time is not considered iso.

9. BreakYoSelfFool

Harden is a good enough player to draw the double team and find the open man, he also can pull up and hit a jumper or take it to the rim and/or draw the foul.

He should be the one with the ball at the end of the game. He also is being paid 15 mil, and is probably the best shooter, best scorer, and best distributor on the team.

10. Lihao

Lihao Member

unless Harden is out of form, i don't see any reason at all that Lin should be the 'go to guy' in crunch time . remember one thing, Harden is not a selfish player like Kobe or Melo . he'll pass the ball to open guy if being double team by opponents