1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Just ordered DTV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ruyun5, Dec 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ruyun5

ruyun5 Member

Just ordered DTV NBA League Pass from my cable. Couldn't stand not watching the Rockets-Kings game. I want to see how Yao does against Divac :)

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

One of the best investment ever!!!!

3. feishen

feishen Member

I hope you dont live in SoCal. Because Warrior and King's game are blocked out by DTV in California. So if you live SoCal, there is no way you can watch that game even if you have league pass.

4. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

me too bro! from direct tv

5. ruyun5

ruyun5 Member

I live in northern California. I can watch warrior game on local TV. With ESPN, TNT, Local TV, League Pass, I think I got the rest 67 games of Rockets fully covered. :D

6. ruyun5

ruyun5 Member

Another reason for me to order is that after watching Seattle game, I noticed how stats/recaps could tell you nothing about how the actual game was played. The AP recap just mentioned Yao Ming's 6 point well below his average in previous 5 games. But Yao Ming's defensive dominance and passing did not show up in the stats at all.

You need to see the actual game to know who is doing what.

7. feishen

feishen Member

How about laker vs rockets at LA? I imagine SoCal would get back to NoCal on that one (block it out on DTV). Clipper's home game wasnt all bought locally in LA, so DTV will show all the Clipper game regardless where it plays. Anyway, lucky you, poor me to miss this fun game. GO MING!!!!

8. feishen

feishen Member

So what is the profit return look like for this investment? :D Priceless if rockets rock!

9. coolpet

coolpet Member

alright, that might be a little off topic, but how much do u guys pay for it? I got it in the first week of season, with $20 off early bird special, $20 off for having 2 or more movie channel (which cost me $14 bucks a month and I will cancel it after 1 month, i got that just to get a better deal on nba legual pass) and $20 rebates from HBO for signing up. so I am paying $110 for NBA legual pass :cool: anybody can beat my deal?

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

League Pass rules. On a related subject, so does Ultimate TV. It's a great thing to be able to pause the game, rewind, record for later, etc.

11. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

My friend you have just learned a very valuable lesson. Basketball stats are some of the most misleading figures on earth if you don't see the game. Enjoy your League pass, you will be a much better fan for it. :)

12. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

and I can't watch the dang thing. It got blacked out in my area. What a piece of crap!