1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it wrong if i believe LeBron James is no longer the best player in the NBA anymore?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NBAandNFLFan, May 21, 2015.

?

Do you agree that LeBron is no longer the best player in the NBA?

1. Yes i agree with you

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No are you nuts, LeBron is the best

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Maybe im alone on this( and i could be). But whenever i hear the media( ESPN, SI, YahooSports) and other casuals mention Lebron in 2015 as the best player in the NBA, i say to myself... "WHY, WHAT, HOW!"

Today, LeBron along with Curry were voted unanimously to the all-nba 1st team, and i focused mainly on LeBron because i just dont think he deserved it uniamously. I felt a few guys could have taken a few first place votes, i understand Durant was injured( i know this, i honestly do) I just felt a few forwards could have recieved a first place vote like griffin and aldridge, yes griffin was injured this year, but didnt LeBron take 3 weeks off for "REST", because he felt he was worn down.

But back to the best player in the NBA narrative, Lebron on the cavs this year hasn't been as good as he was in miami or his previous stint with the cavs, so why is he still getting propped up like the best player in the league, when Harden outplayed him head to head in a nationally televised game on sunday. I noticed after that game ESPN didnt mention Harden, they were trying hype LeBron that week because he had just came back from his so called "vacation" and had already taken down Steph Curry and the warriors earlier in the week on TNT, and they were hoping LeBron would take down Harden too, Harden wasnt having none of it. The league was so angry that Harden beat LeBron they suspended Harden for a pivotal statement game againist the hawks, and then when he returned the refs refused to call a foul on zack randolph basically giving the grizzlies at the time the inside track to the #2 seed

So let me get to the point, too me the best player in the league is James Harden and honestly only Anthony Davis is really close to him. I give more credit to guys who lead their teams without other all-nba players or above average role players to hide their warts. Harden took last years playoff defeat to heart and improved on his game, from defense, to strength, to intangibles on the court.. the beard was special all year this year.

The media has done a total screwjob on Harden because we are Houston the 14th largest media market, and the nba must have the best player in the league in a larger media market. It was so hard for the NBA to promote LeBron in Miami because their market was terrible. Cleveland has the 5th largest media market and i believe GS has the 9th... why do you think Curry and LeBron are always hyped up and not Harden and Anthony Davis

the players have spoken, the coaches have spoken, players who know the game have spoken, and they all claim Harden has been the best player in the league this year and the rightful MVP winner

i stopped playing NBA2k15 a few months back simply because their last roster update really ticked me off with how they lowered Hardens overall from 95 to 94, and raised Currys from 93 to 95.... the final update of the year when Curry was averaging 14 ppg the final 3 games of the year. what a joke, LeBron being rated a 97 is also joke too, when its been Kyrie thats actually won most of the big time regular season games for him. LeBron too me was not overhyped in the early to late 2000's, but the EAST since LeBron has been in the league has always been a 2 or at best 3 team conference

i really wanna see how Lebron would do in the western confernce, i know for damn sure he wouldnt make it to the wcf 5 years in a row lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ozO9YFO6xU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also love it how LeBron can "lock up" the likes of Curry, Drose past MVP's but struggles mightly againist the BEARD 1v1

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Healthy LeBron has way better defense, less dependent on fouls and incredible court vision. Harden is top 5 currently, but LeBron is on another level.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know you are a Harden homer. But if you think Harden is a better overall player than LeBron, you are wrong.

Let me ask you this. If the Cavs offered to trade LeBron for Harden straight up, would you refuse?

4. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

apparently, OP hasn't watched a lot of Cavs game this year, to understand lebron's performance, wait until the Cavs meets the warriors in the finals, you will see why, if harden is better than lebron, he should be able to lead the rockets past the GS right?

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

we are in 2015 now, not 2013

Hardens court vision is on par with LeBron, they both run downhill, Harden and LeBron can finish with contact. Harden is better than LeBron at that now, LeBron used to be the best.. not anymore.. i saw him bricking a lot of layups in the bulls series

the hawks dont really have a star player, so this is another easy trip to finals for lebron. I bet Houston would beat the cavs in a 7 game series

6. MFG16

MFG16 Member

As of right now Lebron is the best player in the league. It won't be long until AD takes that title though.

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

YES, YES, YES i would refuse

only would trade Harden for a healthy Anthony Davis or healthy Durant

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

AD will not be the best player in the league unless he can prove he can stay healthy.

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

how, explain go in detail and rememeber the year is 2015

10. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I think it says a lot that the only thing really holding him back is health concerns. People forget how injury prone Curry was at the beginning of his career. Get AD a more healthy/consistent supporting cast and the injury problems start fading away in my opinion.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If Durant was playing I think he'd be the best, but right now I think it's still LeBron (though the gap is much smaller than it used to be).

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

LeBron already showed he could lock up curry, which is why i dont think curry is the best player in the league

LEBRON CANT GUARD HARDEN,... END OF STORY

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you think Harden is a better finisher than Lebron you are just nuts.

There is a reason that Lebron has a much higher FG% overall and specifically on 2 pointers. He is much better at finishing at the rim. Harden is very good at it, but he's not Lebron.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

15. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

We would beat GS in 5 if you swapped Lebron for Harden. Lebron is just on another level as far as his impact on the game.

16. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

LeBron plays in the weak eastern confernce

Harden would shoot a higher percentage if he played in a confernce that crappy too( but thats besides the point)...

LeBron is not finishing layups like he used too, where are the chasedown blocks... i guess needs another rest like he told rachel nichols before the game to get recharged

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

They're both amazing players but when you say "best player" you have to look at their impact on both sides of the court. Harden is a better offensive player but is no where close to Lebron in terms of defense.

Harden is one my favorite players but I wouldn't say he is the best player in the league. Lebron has an impact in all facets of the game and he may not have the same offensive skills as Harden but he has him beat on everything else.

18. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

ok who would guard curry, same old 38 year old pgs... not kyrie irving

who would guard draymon green most likely lebron, and shumpert or jr smith take klay thomspon

you cant swap players, and then think the personel of the team changes

LeBron cant win unless he has a stacked team around him... we all know this, how many wins did the cavs win this year again

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think Lebron is better than Harden and it isn't debatable - but I don't think Cleveland has any hope of beating the Warriors.

20. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

LeBron gets roasted by Harden, he flat out yelled at shumpert to guard Harden during that sunday showcase game.. the only time he guarded Harden, Harden chopped him up and blew by him... oh btw Harden has better handles than Lebron too