1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

new actors introduced at Comic Con

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WH2ri8RhSnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the trystane martell actor looks like he's right out of The Lost Boys. I'm not gonna like him. I can tell.

3. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

At Comic Con, Jon Snow looks like a midget compared to everyone else. And he wears skinny jeans too.

[​IMG]

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Without spoiling it ...

How big of a role are those sand sisters ? The concept sounds cool but I don't see any of those chicks pulling off being a 2 sword wielding badass

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Wow big time actor for High Sparrow. Reminds me of the old Maester of Winterfell.

-V-

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

How do we answer this without spoiling anything? I remember last year when people thought we spoiled things because we were excited about Oberyn.

So what do you want to know?

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There is an extremely prominent Martell female in the books who it seems they may be omitting from the show. I personally can't believe they would remove this character, it would be by far the biggest omission IMO.

If they do indeed omit the character they will probably shift some of her character details and plot elements onto one of the Sand sisters, so I'm not sure if even us book readers can tell you for sure what their plans are for the characters.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Missing some Sand snakes, but the ones so far are cuties.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had not heard of the Jonathon Pryce casting for High Sparrow. PERFECT casting on that one. Very excited for season 5.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

someone please start a spoiler version now, this needs to be discussed

12. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I like Siddig El Fadil, but I pictured Doran Martell being fatter... it's not like the guy gets a lot of exercise. Siddig's a skinny guy.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

At least visually they've pulled a 180 on the portrayals of Mance and Doran, and they could've done well with swapping those actors. Doran is supposed to be around his 50s, and his physical appearance is factor to his personality.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The sex scene?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not surprised at all that they brought in a big actor for high sparrow.. I suspect he will be important as the series progresses.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Regarding Arienne Martell being left out, her story line actually spins its wheels, despite the awesome sex scene. It's easier to cut her, and use the sand snake as prominent problems for Doran, who will capture them and explain his true plan for dealing with revenge on the Usurper. I think the choice was done to save money too and time on the screen. It reduces the plotline and tightens it. This will make fans mad who liked her as a feminine balance to the story, but hey her story line isn't essential. I'm sure HBO will replace her with the sand snakes. Can't wait to see how they pull it off. The show will be a good version as well, with the snakes kidnapping the princess most likely and getting in trouble with Areo. The big questions are: who is Areo going to kill is Oakheart is out?Somthing has to go down. And which sand snake is going to present herself for the obligatory sex scene?

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

So season 5 will involve trolls?

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

hahaah first page and already with the spoilers and people complaining about them...