1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pure ownage] Mad Max Fury Road (2015) Straight Carnage!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

This movie was like an NBA role player that doesn't have the complete package but performs its one role exceptionally well. Like Tony Allen on defense or Kyle Korver shooting threes.

Very elite action movie. But because it's a role player, I'm not giving it anything more than 7/10.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

wat. To me, it was the complete package of action. 10/10

3. VanityHalfBlack

So what do you consider to be a complete package for an action movie, lol. I really can't wait for your answer. So I can laugh.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Would y'all recommend 3D? Thinking about going to see it tonight.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NAxFjVCkpRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

The story, dialogue, and character development was very simple. I mean, that's obvious whether or not you want to acknowledge it. The movie was pure action and not much more than that. I'm not exactly being a contrarian here.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Lol, which is exactly what it was. It didn't advertise anything different.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Okay, that doesn't mean I can't expect something a little more than just action. Like I said, this was pure action like a role player. Doesn't check all the boxes, but it was damn good at its one role.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would recommend against it. I absolutely loved this film last night in 2D. Just fantastic.

usually 3D just means awkward glasses, lower light levels, and a crappy experience.

This film is gorgeous and you want to see it fully, properly lit up.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I watched it in 3D, didn't have any issues at all. I always imagine that the 3D makes it a bit more HD

11. myco

myco Contributing Member

Agreed, Transformers included countless more terrible and terribly executed plot elements.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

That's interesting since the movie was supposedly boycotted by MRA (Men's Rights Activist... I know what a joke). Plenty of "girl power" themes in this movie and it's widely considered a pro-feminist film.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is really a thing???

We we have had a very rough go of it for...just recently.

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://screen.yahoo.com/leslie-knope-takes-mens-rights-132923802.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Cool that you liked it that way. My friends who are immersed in the tech say it is definitely not more HD, but to each!

I think for me it's the lighting level and especially the glasses, since I already wear glasses.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, I really wouldn't want to watch this movie in 3D.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen it in 2D and 3D. Don't bother with the 3D. I can't speak to the brighter colors and the like because that's not something I typically notice, really, but the 3D didn't really add to the movie at all and most of the time I didn't even notice it. Don't fork over the extra money.

17. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

I've only seen the movie in 3D, and it seemed pretty cool to me. The panoramic views just looked stunning with the added depth perception, although it probably would also look great in 2D.

The movie itself is pure madness. Best movie I've seen in the last few years. I brought my wife with me to the movie, and she would love to see it again in IMAX when it comes on in our area. In the mean time, I'm playing the sound track in the background while I'm working, especially the Doof Warrior theme. :cool:

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

it showed at one point in the imax downtown austin that madmax was coming now i dont see it at all.

i was holding off to see it there.

19. OkayAyeReloaded

Saw it today, great action movie and lives up to the hype. I expected jaw dropping action and it delivered. I need to re-watch the original mad max to be sure, but its better at the moment for me. Although it did seem more about Furiousa and devoid of minorities. Not a big deal and I'm sure no one cares, but seemed odd. Anyhow, great movie 3D or otherwise.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I cannot tell you how much it pisses me off that movies like this can't be seen in IMAX without 3D. I wanted to watch it on a gigantic screen in crystal clear 2D, but nooooo.