1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] UT Football Player Booted For Being A Racist

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Nov 6, 2008.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Shamefull that this trash represented my University.

Link

2. Fatty FatBastard

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was wondering what he did. Good for Mack. There's no room for garbage like this anywhere.

Bigtexxx, spare us the holier than thou crap.

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I am proud, however, that my University responded so swiftly and harshly to this idiot.

5. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Wow, that's the kind of crap I would expect at my school, not Texas. Hopefully with this election ALL people can move past race. Not going to happen, but every step in the right direction counts.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You really would not expect there to be some racists at a school as large as the University of Texas?

7. Bogey

No, I'm saying it's (unfortunately) more likely to occur at A&M. :(

8. astroagg

astroagg Member

Not necessarily. It can happen ANYWHERE. UT is not that special...

Could have easily have been Rice or anywhere else..

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Criminals and racists. Nice job putting that squad together, Mack. It's a family, alright

10. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

WTF Bogey, if you really did indeed go to A&M you would know that most of the crap you have heard regarding A&M being more racist or whatever is total BS. It might have been like that back in day, when all we were farmers or military, but now we get the same kind of students from Austin, Dallas and Houston that are at UT. We still get the student's from ****-kicking small towns who go into agriculture and maybe that's what keeps the perception going b/c these are the same students who still like to fly their confederate flags in the back of trucks. UT has had issues with egging the MLK statue, even Baylor is having an investigation because the found a noose in a tree after Obama was elected. This kind of garbage has incidences at every school but no way should a school of 10's of thousands be labeled racist because of some dumbasses that number in 10's.

It's unfortunate to hear what Burnette did. I've known some people from Wimberley and visited the town once (it's about 20 mins from San Marcos) and I didn't get the impression that they were an ignorant or bigot town. He is an individual that made a mistake and lost his scholarship because of it. He will probably get another chance at another school and he will learn a lesson and be a better person for it.

11. Bogey

Lighten up! I never said A&M is racist, and yes I am an Aggie, class on '96. I said something like this is more likely to happen at A&M than at tu. I wish it wasn't, but it is the truth. I love A&M, but we do have more rednecks than probably any school in the state.

12. DPballer

DPballer Member

He posted a stupid joke on his facebook status. He didn't think about the ramifications and now has to pay for it. He was sincere in his apology and doesn't appear to be a racist. But damn, kicking him off the team Mack? While Lamarr Houston gets suspended for 1 game for DWI? This is out of whack.

13. Bogey

Wasn't it almost like a threat. A racist joke is one thing, but calling for rednecks to grab there guns or something like that is another.

Can somebody actually clarify what he had posted?

14. flipmode

flipmode Member

this is good for UT and good for Burnette.

joke or not, it's locker room poison... and considering college football has a large black population (not to mention our team) - he's going to get his ass beat by everyone, including his teammates when nobody's looking.

good on mack, good on UT. there's no place for this idiocy.

15. flipmode

flipmode Member

sounded like an empty threat.
    i'm not directly quoting, nor am i 100% sure, but the rumors are:
    hunters, go get your guns, we have a n!@#@% in the white house

i restate, i am merely spreading a rumor.

16. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

wat a tard, what world does this guy live in?

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

(Possibly) most tasteless joke ever. What a dumbf***.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

We know what party he voted for. ;)

In all seriousness, does that remark warrant an investigation by the FBI or is it just for sitting presidents?

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What a maroon... if you're going to hate someone or some peeps, keep it to yourself... don't hate AT ALL.

You know what... being a RACIST is not a crime, but that's why people get away with that crap. :( Make it a law, U.S. and A.

20. Fatty FatBastard

No. The most tasteless joke ever is:

What is blue & knocks on the window?

A baby in a fish tank.