1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want to hear from those of you who are still undecided

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, Aug 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Let's face it, there is nothing that is going to change my mind, Faos's mind or Basso's mind about who we are voting for this November. The people who are going to decide this election are guys like MadMax who is on the border on the candidates.

Who here is undecided, which way are you leaning, and what are the issues that are preventing you from making a decision now.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

the polls haven't opened

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am still undecided, though am leaning towards Kerry.

I just think it is good for the country to go back and forth rather than one direction, and am not completely happy with the way W has been handling his affairs.

I am not a Kerry supporter, but don't particularly like our country being run by someone I view as unintelligent.

DD

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Believe it or not, I'm now undecided.

5. DaDakota

Funny thing is RM, our votes are moot if we vote for Kerry. Bush will easily carry Texas.

DD

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

True, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't vote.

7. DaDakota

No doubt about that.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We agree, we agree! :)

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I am undecided also.

I tend to lean more towards the Republicans on moral issues but definitely lean more towards the Democrats when it comes to the economy and the such. I am not happy with the way W has run things during his term but I also do not know much about Kerry. My initial impression of him is not very good. I have no specific reason to feel this way, there is just something about him. I try to keep up with things here in the D&D but that is like wanting to learn about sex by getting gang raped in the ass. I have tried learning more about Kerry but I feel that whatever I read is biased one way or the other. It is difficult to know what to believe.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm undecided, but then I'm always undecided until the end. I'm not leaning one way or the other.

I'll watch the debates. Listen to what both candiates say they will do (all taken with a huge grain of salt). Weigh my options and my opinions on the issues I consider major, then probably decide on my way to the polls on Tuesday morning.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Dude, I'm not undecided:

[​IMG]

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Max why are you picking a canidate that can no longer run? :(

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I've decided to vote for neither.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

this kind of blind political hatred is completely uncalled for. a true shot below the belt.

damn, politics are dirty!!

but even on a bad foot (WHICH WOULD HAVE HEALED FINE, BUT SINCE YOU JERKS DON'T CARE FOR HORSE RACING WE WONT' DISCUSS IT!!!!!!!) he's better than kerry or bush. i'm sticking with smarty jones. maybe rock hard ten as his running mate.

15. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I can't really bring myself to vote for either. I generally vote Republican, but also vote enough for Dems that would probably be considered Independent.

My main gripe with Bush has been his economic spending policies. Don't really see any conservatism. Especially hate the medicare bill (no negotiating with drug companies? WTF). As for Iraq, I don't believe he misled us intentionally or that there is some big conspiracy. The bigger issue for me is that in the end, there were no WMDs and so someone has to be accountable for that decision. And as they say, the buck stops here. So basically these things hold me back from voting for him.

My main grip with Kerry has been that its hard to pin down who he is. I'm a little concerned with his economic policies (free trade being a big one) and also a few concerns on his foreign policy positions. Actually the latter is really confusing as I don't understand why he vote against the first Gulf war, when the world was behind us, an ally had been attacked, and it was clear what we should do. I find it hard to fault anyone voting against this war (particularly given what we know now), but I really have a hard time accepting anyone voting against the first one. Finally, it would be nice to see an 08 election without any incumbants. Anyway, so this is why I'm having issues voting for Kerry.

Ah the joys of being undecided.

16. outlaw

outlaw Member

What changed since Friday when you voted in the other thread for Kerry? Bad weekend?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's a myriad of things. Discussions with friends, feelings about '08, etc. If I do change my mind, I'll be sure to provide more details. :)

18. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I'm undecided until the debates are over, but I am leaning slightly towards Kerry. If either candidate makes the national sales tax a key issue, they will likely secure my vote.

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

flip flopper! ;)

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, duh! :)

This helps sum up some of my feelings.