1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Kevin McHale" on "790"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="658" height="416" scrolling="no" src="http://www.sports790.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useAds=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=22225664&osu=null&startButtonColor=0xffffff" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

Talking about the draft and future plans. I think Charlie did a great job. Much better than some of the 610 guys (like Barry Warner and Josh Innis). Maybe but it's just me, but it sounds like KMac had to remind himself to give some equal time about Jones and Lamb and just talk about Royce White too much. Also sounded really excited about Motiejunas' skill set. Motiejunas and White probably has the early lead among the rookies on the "not getting his ass traded" race.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Great viewpoints on Donuts NOT being a stretch four.

3. Swamprocket

Swamprocket Member

Coach sounds kind of nervous, but probably hasn't slept in three or four days. I know nothing about Royce White (saw a few college games, looked up highlights like I do with every draft pick) but I've been watching youtube interviews and read the grantland article and I think he's the realist cat to come to the NBA in a long time. I'm glad somebody is dealing with their issues and still balling out of control and I hope he can crack the rotation.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

I love how Charlie is not scared to throw a couple hard questions their way. 790 coverage is going to be so much better already than 610 has ever been.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Will Craig Ackerman and the other guy still be doing Rocket radiocast? I enjoy them.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

DMo can play the 4 or 5 according to McHale.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Pretty much confirmed the trading up with Sacramento scenarios. But would it have been Drummond whom we would have picked, or would it have been someone else?

Also, telling pauses after the Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin question.

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Yea i am not sure who the rockets were looking at although most think it was drummond. In the end i am satisfied with our 3 selections but my hopes were set on trading for howard or j.smith. Luckily a few months until the season starts so more trades will probably happen.

9. tofu--

tofu-- Member

He definitely fumbled with that one. Then threw in Morris for good measure.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know these 3 are the "anti-regime rebels" on the team.

11. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I'm glad that McHale's fave rookie is also my fave one.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this "Carl Herrara"...I like this "790" episode with coach "Kevin McHale"

Did I miss "something". Is "quotation marks" a new meme in the "GARM"

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Meet your new Rockets Center, Donatas Motiejunas!

I for one am really glad about the radio change because Charlie will be doing the team interviews. Not the same ol' BS.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

When was the last time you spoke with Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry?
    McHale:............

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

According to Feigan's article in today's Chronicle, we would have taken Kidd-Gilchrist if he were available at #5.

That ended when the Bobcats chose Michael Kidd-Gilchrist with the second pick, assuring the Kings would get a player (Thomas Robinson) they wanted at that spot. The Rockets would have taken Kidd-Gilchrist had he slid to fifth

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/06/rookies-set-out-to-prove-rockets-didnt-need-trade/

16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Is Royce White Arian Foster with a Basketball? I Hope so! :grin: