1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be looking to do something when these finally come out.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Time to stretch that pocket.

3. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Yes, it's not fully sapphire; It will scratch and it will shatter. No big difference, honestly from Gorilla Glass.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So does that mean that one day soon down the line they have 100% sapphire screens on iPhones ?

That would be pretty sweet. I've had a Tag watch for about 15 years and the glass still looks brand new.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

won't matter how good the glass looks in 15 years when in 1-2 years your iPhone tech will become ancient.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Even if the tech doesn't get outclassed support will.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If the 5.5" has thinner top and bottom bezels then I've seen in mockups I'll grab dat one. Otherwise the 4.7" will be for me. I like a phone to fit comfortably in my pocket

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

iWatch is also supposed to be announced on that day. Should be interesting.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I was really excited about this until I learned that Verizon doesn't do upgrades until 24 months unlike the 20 that I'm used to. So I won't be getting anything to Jan. At lest the 5.5 inch will be out by then and I can see what its all about before I make a decision.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

yup...looking at that...that looks like a square watch to me.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Meh. I've had my iPhone 4s for over three years and could easily see myself keeping it another. The only limitation I've experienced is storage size but I picked a 16gb. The web hasn't become for demanding in terms of the tech in my phone but then again I don't game on it much either.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yup. I'll be getting the smaller one for the same reason. I'm still on the 3GS so this will be a whole new world, lol.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ha, same here. I have a 4s 64gb. There comes a point in these phones where you just don't need a better one. My battery sucks now but I'm riding it until it dies. Hopefully another year or two.

16. moose

moose Member

Pretty excited about this. I'll be upgrading form a Galaxy S3. Will T-Mobile carry them on launch day?

17. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I had the iphone 4 for 4 years (2010-2014) and had no desire to upgrade.

But I kept upgrading the OS every time a new one was released and by late 2013 my phone was operating at a crawl. Ever app I wanted to run was taking forever to load and operate.

This essentially forced me to upgrade to a 5s. I told myself never again and that I would wait months before each OS upgrade to see web reaction to the OS on the 5s platform. I'm a person who has no desire to spend hundreds of dollars for an upgrade just for a mere upgrade... I would still be happy with my old 4 if it didn't run like a desktop PC with 512MB RAM from 1991.

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

currently have the 5 but I've been waiting forever for the 6 to come out. Already due for an upgrade through Sprint hoping to get my hands on a 6 right away. Not sure what size to go for though at this moment, prob will have to look at the price difference between them.

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

reports have already said the 5.5 will be quite a bit taller than the note 2/3 series. i think roughly 5-7mm. If that's the case it'll be really tough to have it in jeans and sit down, tie shoe laces and other things that require bending. the 4.7 iphone is already rumored to be as big as the S5.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Supposedly it will only have 1GB or ram. I have an IPAD air and the browser crasher when it tries to load too many tabs.