1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uber

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Aug 13, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Amazon Flex. You're just delivering packages.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I've got a business trip next week and I have reason to take an Uber from the Oakland airport to my hotel something like 40 minutes away. And the plan was to do the same thing coming back. Do these Uber rides typically take a while to show up and get you? My bigger concern is for the ride back to the airport. My flight leaves very early (like 6am) so am I going to have trouble finding an available Uber driver at 3:30am? Would it be better to just schedule a taxi for that? Or could I also schedule an Uber pickup so that people can plan for it? I honestly don't know how it works.

4. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

I fly into OAK and take Uber all the time. There's a special lane (3E I think) outside that you go to in order to grab your Uber. Just grab your bags, turn on the app and head for the lane that says App Rides. It'll be like 2-3 minutes, OAK is well served. On your flight back, schedule a taxi. I have problems getting Ubers before 6AM.

1 person likes this.
  5. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

For those of you worried about getting an Uber or Lyft for airport travel, you can use an app called UZURV to pre-schedule an Uber or Lyft driver.

You set the trip information and several drivers will show interest in your trip. You can then pick from a list of drivers, where you can see things like ratings, profile pictures, vehicle features and amenities offered.

Just go to your app store and download the app. Use code MRPYRY8 to receive credits.

http://uzurv.com/

If you drive for Uber and Lyft, you can download the app and start receiving pre-scheduled trips! - Use code MRPYRY8 for a bonus.

http://uzurv.com/

I also have several other companies like Uber and Lyft listed on my website at www.ridesharekings.com, you can apply to work or you can sign up to try most of these app based service providers and receive free credits.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Remember that young love? Just you, your girl, the car and no other cares in the world.

#367 Xerobull, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Os Trigonum likes this.