1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Avoid Priceline.com/Agoda

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 26, 2016.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nah, the point of that exercise is to find Priceline's true 'best price'. You start really low, and keep raising until it says your $0 gift card has insufficient funds (meaning they accepted and attempted to process). Once you have that number, you do it one last time with your real info/credit card.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Also, it's pretty easy to figure out which hotel you can get in 'name your own price'. If you match up the 'express deals' with the listed hotels, you can narrow it down to 1 or 2 based on star rating and amenities offered... yes, I've spent way too much time on Priceline in the past haha.

3. jsingles

jsingles Member

I'm sure it's already been stated, just go through your bank or cc company. They have departments that deal specifically with correcting incorrect charges, it's all they do, so let them handle it. The very few times over the years when I was over charged for one thing or another I'd either go through Wells Fargo or American Express, they deal with it from star to close and I don't have to make any phone calls myself. I've always been on the right side of any issue I've had and they were always taken care of within days.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So the bank says they will no longer be able to help us. Agoda sent them a letter showing our booking receipt online, which we had, as well. That still doesn't mean the hotel had the booking. It never did. I was lied to by Agoda when they told me they confirmed the booking.

Bank says we have to go through Agoda for the refund.

I called Agoda tonight, VERY agitated, yelling at some poor girl, telling her that her company has stolen from me and I want a refund and soon. Told her we are sick of dealing with this. I said starting tonight, I will do everything in my power to shine a bad light on their company. Facebook, BBB, etc.

All she could say is that a supervisor will call me back tomorrow when I get home from work. I told her if they don't, I will continue calling until my complaint is resolved, and that what her company has done is steal and commit fraud, because it straight up is.

I'm one of the nicest people you will meet, but I'm not going to let this die. If it were $100 even, fine, but for a company to straight up steal almost $400 out of my account is ludicrous.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Keep up the good fight. Good luck.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dumb question here:

Why didn't you print your receipt and take it with you?? Or just show the hotel the confirmation email when you got there?
    Sounds to me like the hotel screwed up. They booked you one room, show them the email/ printout and you're not paying for a second, they are following that up with Agoda.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm pretty sure we had it, but the hotel said there was nothing they could do.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Did you use your debit card or cc?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member