1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. dc1985

dc1985 Member

A couple people on this rag-tag defense to look out for. DT'S Ken Bishop and Terrel McClain. Both could be really solid. A top pick would be awesome. I know everyone is on love with Marriota from Oregon but I would try to position myself for Jameis Winston. The guy proved he knows how to win and feels no pressure. But I dont think we will be bad enough to draft him.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

McClain got good reviews in camp and minicamps until getting hurt. I asked the Texan fans about him when we signed him and they were not super impressed so who knows?

I agree that Bishop has potential. Kenneth Boatright (2nd year) is getting rave reviews after coming over from Seattle. I hope that we get the #1 pick, trade down a few spots and then acquire Petty from Baylor.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>TO eating his popcorn at Cowboys camp. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/getyourpopcornready?src=hash">#getyourpopcornready</a> <a href="http://t.co/B0DnWqTJ4a">pic.twitter.com/B0DnWqTJ4a</a></p>&mdash; Charean Williams (@NFLCharean) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLCharean/statuses/500047000629305344">August 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The first pick? Surely you do not see us being bad enough for that scenario to unfold.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wow, that's crazy. I'm not going to derail this thread, but I wasn't a fan of his when he was a Texan. He all but came out and said that he had issues getting motivated to play on Sundays (basically saying that the coaching staff didn't fire him up enough). However, I hope he can at least get back to the point where he can try and earn a spot on the team. Good luck to him.

7. dc1985

dc1985 Member

The issues the Texans had with McClain was they had him as a nose tackle. He is much more of a 1 technique. Maybe a 3. The new system should help him. As far as Okoye I think his age hurt him coming into the NFL. I hope he can contribute but not counting on it. Someone to look out for if he gets released is Michael Sam. He is a long shot to make the Rams because they are deep at DE. We need pass rushers. I could see them picking him up and giving him a chance till Lawrence gets back.

8. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The Texans never had McClain. Drafted by Raiders-->Ravens--->Cowboys.

9. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Eh, nevermind. Just realized you were talking about Terrell and not Rolando.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Cowboys defense might not be the best

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

That is for sure. I am pretty pumped about the offense. They will score points. But they are going to have to keep the defense off the field as much as possible with long drives. The defense will hopefully get better, but they look pretty porous right now.

Yes, I am a long time Cowboy fan, but not against the Oilers or the Texans. I love the Romo/Bryant connection. Keenum/Johnson looked potent for awhile last season.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The defense, healthy, would be much improved. As it stands, the secondary will prove to be the weakness if injuries continue (along with Scandrick being a dumbass). The starting D looked much better against Baltimore. If the D can approach being "average", the Cowboys could be dangerous.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If Spencer and Melton can both return to form then we have a chance to be average on D.

14. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Not going to count on spencer because he is 2nd half of the season addition. I think Melton will get 7-8 sacks. Rolondo McClain is going to get first team reps this week against Miami. When that happens they will shift Durant to the Will position and either Carter shifts to Sam or the bench if he can't beat out Kyle Wilber. I like the idea of Carter shifting to Sam because it puts him in more rushing and blitzing packages and less 1 on 1 coverages. And that is a good thing. Loved seeing Zack Minter play hard and make some noise. Hoping to see Carr, Claiborne, and Moore back in action this week. For this team to have any chance at success the Defense just has to be not god awful like last year.

15. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Spencer may not start the season on the PUP, and could be back as early as week 1. If we could get him back by week 3, it would really bolster the line depth. Him staying off the PUP would be great news.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don't think we were ever as appreciative of Spencer as we should have been.

He was better than Ware for a year or so there. God I wish we could get that guy back.

Spencer was always solid against run and pass.

17. dc1985

dc1985 Member

I do agree that we didn't appreciate Spencer enough. I hope he doesn't start on PUP list but I think he will. I think there would be more out load signals hinting at that being a possibility if there was optimism within the organization that he would be able to avoid it.

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:11423441"></script>

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member