1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TNT]Kenny Smith mentions Ish Smith as under-the-radar rookie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 10, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

Kenny Smith just mentioned Ish as one of his favorite under-the-radar rookies this year. Here are some things he said about him:

Quick as a cat, gets to rim with ease, aggressive, plays for houston, good defensively, and he has the last name Smith.

"He's able to change the pace of the game."

Glad Ish is getting some recognition on national television!

He also mentioned Gary Neal of the Spurs as another under-the-radar rookie.

AggieRocketsFan

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

To bad hes our 3rd or 4th string PG

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

To say that Ish has real potential is not to say that he's going to break the starting rotation this year. But, a pass-first PG that can play defense can play for a lot of teams, after he finishes his apprenticeship.

4. RX2012

RX2012 Member

yeah he said somthing similar like 2 weeks ago and ISH kind of started screwing up and now is sitting on the bench. grain of salt, bye.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

he's a rookie he's going to screw up.

i still think he's going to develop into a hell of a backup PG after we trade Brooks or Lowry.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

he will be fine. What he needs though is to just go through the rookie hump. I don't expect either Brooks or Lowry to be kept after this season to make room for this guy. Watching his tapes from Wake it seems like we got a guy who's also pretty darn clutch. I don't expect him to play much this season but next year I think will be his break out year very similar to Aaron Brooks.

7. Htown's2kFinest

Yeah I just seen that on NBAtv. They showed some of his highlights which was cool. Glad Kenny Smith is still giving us some recognition. :)

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bye Kyle !

;)

(I kid, I kid)

DD

#8 DaDakota, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This guy has got Rajon Rando-esque type qualities... Speed, quickness, can play defense, pass-first, and no jump shot...

Rando's arguably a top 5 TRUE PG in the NBA right now. I think Rando's emergence had a lot to do with getting consistent playing time and having 3 future HOFs on the team.

I like Ish Smith's potential. I think he should be sent to the D-League as well to get some playing time once AB's back.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ish is that you?

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Ish has been making poor decisions lately but he's a solid 3rd string PG to have. i wouldn't be bummed at all if Brooks got traded. Ish and Lowry are both capable PGs.