1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose Mindset

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox11, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Charles Barkley calls Derrick Rose "Stupid" for h…: http://youtu.be/BkT8cOrs1sE

I am right there with Chuck on this one. This is a slap in the face to everyone, and everybody who is supporting rose.

He is crossing that line into becoming a diva.

As to Kennys point, he had a chance to clear up what he said but didnt. As much as he cares for chicago, we all know he cares more about his family and himself more (peperfectly fine)
    However the city and fans don't necessarily like to hear that, had he said he's trying to make his body last longer for the future it would make sense.
    About you can't be soft and an MVP is a wrong statement to make simply because it's pre injury.

Input?

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I wonder if he's the only player in the nba who loves his family, friends, and himself more than the game?

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

I respect Rose's statement that he does't care.what people thinks..

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's his damn body, We have no right to talk shet about him sitting out.

When the guy has had two possible career threatening injuries in back to back seasons he has every right to do what he feels about his body.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Come on, you have to look past what Rose actually said. It's pretty obvious at this point that he's shell-shocked, scared to death that any minute his season is going to end and it'll be right back to rehab again. He's taking it easy because he's afraid — not of the distant future, but of a future where he's once again on the injured list and missing out on the success of the team he helped revitalize.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I don't doubt he wants to be out there. But he's an idiot for saying the things he said. He's basically trolling the fans by saying that he "wants his body to feel good for meetings"

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He needs the Dwayne Wade treatment.

But then he also needs to stop hyping up every damn comeback or keeps saying he;s healthy. He just needs to now admit he's injury prone and he needs to manage his body and his career more closely. It's that simple.

He needs to skip backs to backs, play 30 minutes max, and skips some games on long road trips, and so on.

And the Bulls now need to know Rose is no longer your franchise player.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

His point about not risking his body and thinking about the future may be understandable... if he weren't playing on a guaranteed contract, and getting paid while sitting out.

I actually agree with Chuck on this one. There are a lot of careers that involve some degree of physical risk, and most of them pay pretty poorly. Rose is being well compensated. If he is not giving 100% because he is worried he will limp as an old man, he should not be earning the type of salary he is.

It would be a different story if we were talking about head injuries and concussions, or other 'life threatening' injuries, but these are ankle/knee issues. It is an occupational hazard.

9. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

This. Rose is soft.

10. i3artow i3aller

He'll be fine...financially.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Like Kenny said, you can't be soft and be the type of player that he was. He played with absolutely no fear at his peak. Nothing soft about his play.

What he is is injury prone. He needs to admit that. And maybe he finally is. Now he needs to take extra precautions to take care of his body, and future.

He's just not a very bright kid, and thus not very succinct with what he had to say.

12. CertifiedTroll

I think his actions were okay, his words were just stupid though.
    "I am sitting out to make sure I am okay for future games." -perfectly fine
    "I don't want to be sore when I am old." -WTF

Who ever made the threading asking if he has aspergers may have been on to something.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As everybody has said, it's definitely a bad look for Rose. If you're that concerned about risking injuries, maybe pro sports isn't for you.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think he's the only one thinking this way...he's just bad with communication because of his personality. I'm sure others have thought and done similar things, but were better at being PC.

15. steady

steady Member

Rose has said he believes the key to playing in the NBA is confidence. that that is everything. I always thought one reason why he was so slow to return is that he knew that if he came back and was at 70 or 80 percent, he would lose the mental edge he had before.

16. thiefery

thiefery Member

Guess Derrick doesn't know that it's just a normal thing to be sore once you get older.. **** I'm 34. And I get sore.

He just made it worse by not clarifying it with better words yesterday.

17. conquistador#11

what would clowney do? =)

but only rose knows how his body feels.

18. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Since when was an Acl tear career threatning?

20. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Lost respect for him for not playing that year in the playoffs. Now he just confirmed it, he didn't WANT to play

SOFT

Kobe plays with broken fingers, Rose has a problem with his vagina.