1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mickey_angelo, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bLv8xko2teg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The conclusion to the Rocksteady's Arkham trilogy. Coming in October

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I sat through roughly an hour of some Justice League video game story on youtube the other day. Good shiz.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Batman is quickly becoming like COD.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Except there's actually a story here and this game is the finale.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Arkham Origins was always a placeholder game, this one is the real deal sequel.

This might finally be the game that forces me to get a PS4

8. New Generation

I have no doubt the game will be good, but this wasn't the best trailer they could have come up with. The dialogue with really cliche and corny, along with the scenes shown. I enjoyed the previous trailers much more.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I really wish it would come out for the PS3 / 360. I can understand why it won't, but I feel like they should still make triple-A games for the older generation, at least until the end of this year.

But yeah, might get a PS4 for this too.

I thought this particular trailer was great, but I haven't seen the previous ones. Laughed at the "fast cars, outrageous clothing, destructive lifestyle" parallel.

If the gameplay graphics look like the trailer...wow.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, this is the game that will make me pull the trigger on a PS4. Knowing it's developed by Rocksteady is the icing on the cake. As a fan of the series, I enjoyed Origins, but it was obviously a filler game.

11. VanityHalfBlack

You can thank Christopher Nolan for all this. Without his input and his creativity in the Batman universe, who knows where Rocksteady would be, right?

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

New gameplay trailer for Arkham Knight. Loved all the previous games and already have this one pre-ordered and it looks like it will not disappoint.

Wasn't sure about the car mechanics at first, but looks like it was integrated beautifully. Fall can't come soon enough
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dxa34RatmSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. VanityHalfBlack

I haven't gone through all of the previous installments of the Arkham series but do you get to use the batmobile or bat plane at all??

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You will us the batmobile in this newest version of the game. I don't expect the bat plane to be used.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Holy ****, I've always wanted to drive a batmobile in Gotham City, FINALLY!!!

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I'd say this is a good bet. With the amount of work they're putting into the batmobile (they want it to be integral) I don't think they'd half ass something else. Allegedly the amount of code put in for the batmobile alone would cover the entire prior games...crazy.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The bat mobile is supposed to be integral to the riddler challenges this time around.

And that's a lot of damn coding if true. I believe it. Rocksteady is all about quality. This is supposed to be their last Batman game and I guess WB Montreal will take over after this one. I wonder what they'll do next or if they'll take on another DC superhero. I would love a well done Green Lantern game that traverses all around the universe

18. SexyButIgnorant

I always wanted Rocksteady to do a Justice League game. Similar mechanics to their Batman games, just ten times the amount of DC characters.

I think I might have to get a ps4, this game looks REALLY good.

19. Christopher

Christopher Member

These are some of the most enjoyable games Ive ever played. I play through the story, get all the trophies, everything I can get done.

This one looks great! Can't wait for it to come out.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I know it's not quite the same thing, but if you are seriously jonesing for Justice League action Injustice: Gods Among Us is pretty amazing. I know one of the guys that worked on the VFX (not personally, I'm just taking courses from him), and it's outstanding. Not to mention if you like Mortal Kombat it controls the same way.

With that said, I'd love to see them take on a game similar to the Arkham series with other characters. I'm not a DC fan by any means, but they'd have my money no question.