1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mickey_angelo, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

oh man just you wait......

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

New dlc batgirl story pack coming out tonight. Its a prequel to the arkham series. Fall in between the arkham origin and arkham asylum. The background setting remind me of "batman the killing joke".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YStfyOSn1bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

My Armed and Dangerous side mission is only at 84% and its been locked already. I've completed all the side missions except for that one and the Riddlers. Anyone know why I cant play them?

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Advancing further in the main story should do the trick.

1 person likes this.
  5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'd love to play it, but I refuse to buy DLC.

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lol I feel the same after playing Harley Quinn and red hood dlc which only lasted 15 minutes each. So I search online to see other people play and this one is an hour long.
    Also in the game where I was trying to save catwomen. Joker made a comment about batman personal life on why he should go after catwoman since Talia is dead and how he cripple his ex?!?! Did Bruce and Barbra had a past? I hope she was 18 at the time lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/waiyud1J3JA?list=PLB6NQ0dKC4802wumRALTFzetRBxfdZ8KI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#186 got em COACH, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm about 27% into the main story, and I'm dinking around in some side missions as well. There's definitely a loooot of batmobile, and I see why people might dislike that. I've had a lot of fun with all of it. I enjoy the drone shooting oddly enough because it feels first person shootery, but again there's definitely a more than generous amount if it. As of now I can't help but feel that's nitpicking because that's literally the only complaint I can come up with. Everything about the game is incredible. Perfect for lack of better words. (To me of course and I am still early in the story)

Please don't tell me who else it may be if I'm incorrect, but I am getting the vibe that Talia Al Ghul is Arkham Knight. No?

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Can't get past the escavtor boss fight. So annoying

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's not Talia al Ghul

And yes the Batmobile goes from awesome, to OK, to tolerable, to annoying and eventually throw your controller everytime you have to use it after long enough.

I think they did an excellent job with the batmobile as a car, but they should have left it at that. It really feels good IMO when you are in a chase scenario (which there should have been more of). But the constant use of the tank, and wench, and sonar, it got irritating quickly. Plus 2 major boss battles take place in the f**king tank instead of an actual fight.

It was still an awesome game, but they really shot themselves in the foot with the excess tankmobile. Prevented the game from being another 10 in my book. Should have strictly used the batmobile as a vehicle.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cool, glad it wasn't that obvious. My other guess was Jason Todd.

Hopefully it remains less annoying for me, haha. That's weird about the bosses though.

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

The arkham knight is so obvious its embarrassing. He calls you old man alot.....

12. Jmcballer88

I also agree the tank was annoying. Leaving it at the batmobile for chase sequences would have been fine.

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Its sad to think if Superman was in this game, it would take him roughly 5 mins to take out Arkham Knight and Scarecrow

14. Jmcballer88

In the tunnels?

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yup in the tunnels

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I have finished the main story and I am about 75% completed in the game. I will add that I started playing on NG+ because I absolutely HATE the lightning bolt counter-icons. I had a friend power through the main story and then I started playing. Playing in NG+ to start definitely had some issues (the game turns off all hints, even the ones that tell you the button combos needed) but I am definitely happy I played it that way. Knightmare difficulty should be available from the very start of the game. The devs really need to understand this issue, as they've had that mode locked in the last two games. It's a shame. It's the way the game should be played.

Now...on the the game.

The game is really good, although it's certainly not perfect. The batmobile's first mission is dreadful, then it actually is not that bad up until the end. I liked the parts where you'd remotely control the batmobile to assist Batman on foot. My biggest gripe with the batmobile is that the devs constantly restrict the area where you can operate. It's gives you this fast (although slower than EVERY other vehicle in the city...) car and then locks you into a contained area. It does this over and over and over. It is terrible game design.

The worst is the fight where you have to protect Ivy while staying on a small graveyard. If you are off the graveyard too long, Ivy dies. This fight took me about 50 attempts over two days and 2.5 hours. The fight is freaking hard on NG+. The fight is way too hard and lasts far too long. You have to kill 45 vehicles. Then you have the tunnels fight. Then you have the 60 vehicle fight. I honestly don't know what Rocksteady was thinking by having the final act of the game being almost solely batmobile crap. It really detracted from the experience.

I think Rocksteady made fighting armed enemies more fun than in Arkham City, but it's possible that I just found it more fun because of all the batmobile stuff I had to deal with.

Overall, I give the game a 7.5/10. It could easily have gotten a higher score if the batmobile wasn't used so heavily, turning many parts of the game into some tank simulator. I would bet money that Rocksteady is fixing to come out with a first person shooter as their next game.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm a bit over half way through the main story and it really hasn't gotten old to me yet. I'm not a huge fan of the Cobra Drone / stealth fights but in general the batmobile still hasn't really gotten old for me.

I'd still rate this game a 10/10 as of now. Naturally I need to finish it first, but I've truly enjoyed it.

It would be nice if the game gave you a bit more information in regards to side quests (letting you know you can't complete them until you've done more of the story), but that's a minor issue.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I stopped playing this game because of the Arkham Knight's escavator battle. Can't get past it

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Have they released a red hood pack?

& yes i know... but i'm talking about a continuation of that.

A nightwing pack would be awesome too.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

What difficulty are you playing on? I found it pretty easy you just...
    lure him into the long tunnels one by one and he gets caught in the dynamite explosions.

After the 3rd (I think) explosion, you head for the exit and
    he reappears and corners you. At that point, you eject from the Batmobile to escape him and he destroys the Batmobile.