1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] James Harden after scoring 39 vs. Mavericks 12/8/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Harden talks about his ankle injury ... he was hobbling pretty badly as he left the locker room. Keith Jones said he'll know more tomorrow. I don't think it's anything serious, but I do wonder if it will impact his availability on Monday.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pak3xhUCmyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that beard's got some soul glo in it

3. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Probably be out a couple games.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so. He might as well just sit out for the rest of the season.

We need someone else to step up, or we need to lose and find someone that will.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind us playing a couple of games without Harden. Just to see if some other combination of players work well. Hard to find other mix of lineups when Harden's playing 80+% of games.

6. ogh

ogh Member

If you need him to play here for a long time, you should not play him like this.

7. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Obligatory first post.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should sit out Monday.

No one in houston will be watching the game any ways and it's against the Spurs so it'll be a loss.

9. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IAztPZBQrrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If having him miss a few games keeps him healthy for the long term, I hope they do it.

The last thing this franchise needs is for another player we trade to get and give big a big contract to have a chronic injury.

11. TTNN

TTNN Member

Really wish our coaches could rest our players when they are injured. Parsons, and Asikļ¼Œgive them time to recover, rest them next game, Rocket won't get fined even.

12. thekad

thekad Member

Sit him out as long as we can. Ankle tendonitis.

Then look forward to the lottery.

13. DaneB

DaneB Member

The insane thing about him hobbling around is that he scored 28 more points at least after he turned his ankle

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kind of unrelated, but are there any full highlight videos of tonight for Harden?

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I'm tired of reading the headlines of a Rockets superstar being injured yet again. Same story, different player, different decade. Same cycle all over again.

16. mirus

mirus Member

exactly.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

If I remembered it correctly, he got hurt when running into 4-5 Mavs closing in on him. Should have passed the ball to the open guys and avoided contact.

The way the Rockets are overusing him I don't know how he can maintain his health.

18. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

False it was off a fast break with just him and 2 mavs in the open court. He was going up on his right foot and put all his weight on it while stepping on Brands
    Foot.

Also there was a dirty play which no one caught where one mav player deliberately stuck out his foot to trip harden on t he same foot.

Ps. QFT HOH LOF

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

First time game with Harden, first game of the season...so beautiful to watch. I missed this kind of game....where did my TEAM go? :(:(

Now we have to much iso. What did the coaching staff hate about this game that they have to apply "democratic ball". :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_PvO3cs98

20. nbafever

nbafever Member

Gosh, let him rest for a couple of games. Why can't we keep his time to around 36-40 minutes?

Why can't we let our youngsters play? Like they don't have to play them every game. Based on the match-ups, let TJones play one game and DMo another game. We are demoralizing the rookies when we don't play them.

I don't understand this coaching staff. It's not like there's a huge gap from the likes of PPat/MMorris to our new guys.