1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard or Chris Paul???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Jul 15, 2011.

?

Howard or Paul???

Poll closed Jul 14, 2012.
  1. Chris Paul

15.3%
  2. Dwight Howard

95.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cookies18

cookies18 Member

who should we pursue? Howard or Paul?

With Landry and West leaving New orleans, it makes the Hornets unattractive and they are also owned by the league and might move to another city which makes it a terrible team to play for. Rumors say Paul wants to get out of the Hornets since last season.

As for Howard, the Magics are a good team, but not a championship team. Howard wants to win and he hasnt accepted the extension that the MAgics offer showing that he is somewhat not interested in staying with the Magics.

Two all-stars that want to win. Knicks and Nets have shown interest in both. But can the Rockets get one???

What do you guys think the rockets should do to at least acquire one of these all-stars? Sign and trade? Trade now? Free agency?? Most likely by Sign and trade or Trade since huge salaries the Rockets have.

Scola, Lowry, Hill, Bud, and maybe a protected 1st rnd pick for Paul and Belinelli, and Jason Smith
    or
    Scola, Hill, Thabeet, Martin, flynn and maybe protected 1st rnd pick for Howard and Q. Richardson

What do yo guys think? Is it too much? This opens up spots for the Patterson, Morris, Donatas, Lee, and T-will for more playing time.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110611123630/icarly/images/0/0b/Shocked2.gif

But seriously, we go after Howard. He is the only dominant Center left in the league. Point Guards are scattering like roaches in the NBA.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

[​IMG]

Image fail:(

4. cookies18

cookies18 Member

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yes, let's all pretend WE have the choice of who WE want go after. We take whichever option is possible and offer a lot more than what you mentioned.

6. Raven

Raven Member

The only chance the Rockets have of getting DH is to wait ten more years.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Too much has to be given up for either of them. I say try for for more realistic centers like D. Jordan, Gasol or Dalembert.

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Is this a question?

9. VBG

VBG Member

If I had a choice which what the thread is about, I would go after Dwight.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Chris Paul because he is gettable. Dwight Howard in my dream scenario where he turns down the Lakers to come to us instead. Then eliminates the Lakers on the way to the Championship. Where we beat the Trio and he dunks on Chris Bosh.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

If we could pick one, I definitely will go with Dwight, we need a center, so we go for the best one.

12. arubato

arubato Member

We have Lowry, Dragic and Flynn at the point. We have Thabeet at center.
    I'll go with Dwight.

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

We have Lowry, we don't need Paul.

14. angrykitty

angrykitty Member

Too true. Long list of good players that we got too late in their careers to be of any help.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have a feeling both will be "almost had em" for Morey but just didnt go through.

16. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Member

Howard.

The gap between Lowry/Dragic/Flynn and CP3 is smaller than the gap between our crop of centers and Howard.

Dwight also fills our need in Center.

I rather roll with Lowry + Howard than CP3 + Mutombo's ghost.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Dwight Howard. We have the offense (if McHale continues the same offense we have been running under adelman), but not the defense. Howard alone would catapult us into top 3-5 status, and thus making us a legit contender.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dwight Howard because he's such an entertaining tv personality.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would go with Howard too, but what good is having the best center in the league if you have to trade away all your scorers to get him?

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When did Mutombo die? lol