1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sonalikumar, Oct 31, 2007.

Tags:
  1. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

Why aren't the Mavs starting Terry this year?

2. snc

snc Member

Because he punches people in the balls

3. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

harris is the better point. the floppier one too.

4. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

And then you new rookies want people to start taking you seriously :rolleyes:

I don't think Avery gave a definite answer, but Hassell is a better defender and it doesn't hurt having a spark off the bench. Terry + Stackhouse is deadly. I also think it has to do with Avery not wanting his team getting tired come playoff time. Notice how JJ Barea and Bass are playing many minutes right off the bat. This is just an 82 game preseason; find a lineup that works well.

5. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Terry has balls unlike the rest of the Mavs and is actually clutch, that's why he wants Terry fresher for the Playoffs in order to not choke.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

He had 6 three's off the bench tonight, btw...

The year Arizona won an NCAA championship, Terry was the sixth man...

7. OrangeCountyCA

During his halftime interview, he said something close to "Just because you aren't starting, it doesn't mean that you can't start". He was asked what was his reaction to coming off the bench.

I thought that was funny.

8. bezer

bezer New Member

what?

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

dude you suck and so do those ****ty mavs. go dance with your owner.

10. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I've always liked Harris better, he is a much better defender than Terry. JET said he's going for the 6th man of the year, and I could see him contending if he continues to score like he did tonight from the bench. Terry is closest thing to clutch on their offense, but I doubt Avery is saving him for later in the season. Moreover, I think the Mavs are just implementing a more dynamic approach, keeping all the players fresh when they're on the court.

Adding Eddie Jones doesn't scare me though, our guards will outrun theirs. Bring it Dallas Halves.

11. Asian Sensation

lmao :D

12. redefined

Piss off dude. He's the one who asked the question about Terry and I'm the one who answered it. Yeah, ****ty Mavs :rolleyes: It's OK to be jealous of an owner who actually gives a damn about his team. Maybe I will dance with him. He dances pretty damn well for someone who had a hip replacement. Let's see how good of a dancer Alexander is :eek:

13. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

How dare you blaspheme! Off with his head!!!!!!

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

rookies>>>mavsfan

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Why are we talking Mavs...

Mavs suck....

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Pretty tacky what that other posted said.

However....

If you're coming on a Rockets message board as a former fan who jumped ship and is now a Mavericks fan (but who also has stated that he would not be a Mavericks fan if they started going downhill), do you really expect that you're not going to get comments like this? Please. You can say what you want, free country and all, but you're in enemy territory here, so I wouldn't be defensive unless you want constant grief. Look at nuggets4- die hard Nuggets fan, but he takes the ribbing in stride.

Oh, and Dallas... well, no comment.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

what's up with that kick to Lebron? how is that not a flagrant foul?

18. redefined

I did say that, but did you forget the " ;) " afterwards? I've been a Mavs fan since they moved into the new arena. Always a Rockets fan first though. It was easier to make the full time switch once I moved to Dallas and JVG became the coach. I will say this though, if Cuban does sell the team and someone like Alexander takes his spot, then it might be a different story. I'll worry about that once the time comes.

Lucky for me there's a poster in this BBS that can confirm that I've been a fan since 2000. Yep, ribbing in stride

I never come in here and start threads about the Mavs whenever anything happens to them I'm not the one who started the thread when they got Juwan. I didn't say anything when Cuban was going to be on Dancing with the Stars, I kept quiet when Howard was going to be suspended for 2 games. I didn't come in here and all of a sudden go ballistic when they rumored Kobe was going to be traded to the Mavs. I can continue forever.

No, it wasn't me. It was all you guys. You are the ones who are more infatuated with the Mavs than any Mavs fan is with the Mavs. If you don't believe me go to any Mavs message board.

Yeah, take jabs at the Nuggets on a regular basis, and lets see how nuggets4 reacts.

The OP noticed Jason Terry wasn't starting. He asked why? I'm pretty sure he didn't ask the question to get some smart ass response like "Because he punches people in the balls." My response of the rookie status was taken in light of some rookie complaining in the GARM that just because they are rookies doesn't mean they don't know anything about basketball and should be taken seriously. This doesn't help their status. That was my point of reference, lol.

[​IMG]

I don't know about flagrant, but should've been a foul.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

*chortle*

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Great first post!

The Mavs could start whichever of the two they want. It's not like it's a set thing anyways. I don't think Avery will be hesitant to switch things right away when it goes wrong. Unlike JVG, he'd try to adapt.

Just too bad that they won't get far no matter how much Avery can adapt and change his line up to go with the flow because the Rockets are winning it this year..