1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol srs? just noticed this...

2. Andrew Wiggins

Nah, I hedged it at the end of the third quarter when they were down 10. Ended up breaking even.

I'm glad I got scared and pulled out. Too bad I did not bet on the original line OKC -5.5 (ended up being -4.5 before the start of the game). They covered that spread thanks to the out of bounds call on Beverley which made it a 10 point game rather than 5 in a matter of seconds. It was also a shot clock violation on Ibaka. I timed it. OKC timekeepers cheated.

At the end of the day, it's all good. Bad ride for my health. Hope I don't do it again (keep saying I won't).

3. Andrew Wiggins

every time Garcia hit a three I threw a fit. If he didn't scream on the plane today about playing time then I might have actually won and had close to $4,500. He hit some crazy shots. I cheered when he shot them, but was like wtf when he made them.

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

How easier is to bet live than normal...Clippers were down 9 or so against Utah at start of 2nd quarter with their bench. I immediately took +7.5 Clippers for 1st half result and when starters came back in, they shrunk the lead to 3 or 4.

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Umm...I finished typing and looked at the result, +8 for UTA...damn

6. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

thanks Kwame I still feel like there should be a thread in this section that deals strictly with finding value in games involving Rockets. if there are bettors that agree at least

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

what site do you guys use? i've tried to deposit some money into a site my friends use but it won't work for me for some reason.

i help them with their bets and i'm never wrong. i wish i could make some money off it

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bovada or America's Cardroom. If you have trouble depositing, you can just go buy a VISA gift card or a GreenDot and that usually works.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

You're either the only undefeated sports bettor in history or you're just lying. I'm leaning towards the latter.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm the only sports better who's never been wrong.
    [​IMG]

11. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

5dimes is my favorite. They always have tons of prop bets

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

guess since it's playoff, i'll post a few plays i have throughout the playoffs

for the first game I got tor -3 and parlay tor ML and redsox ML

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Played Warriors +7, Hawks +8, and O/U 185.5 in Pacers Hawks game. 2/3, so solid start to playoffs.

Tomorrow I like Dallas +9.5. San Antonio has had Dallas's number all year, but I just don't see Dirk letting the Mavs get blown out in game 1. Then again, I predicted the Spurs to sweep so I could be wrong here.

I like Chicago -4.5. Not much of an explanation here, just think Bulls are a much better team, I don't think the Wizards really have an answer to the Bulls physical defense.

I also think I'm going to take the Under 214.5 for the Rockets Blazers, and perhaps will take Rockets to win straight up. I think there will be more defense in this match up then everyone is predicting. I'm usually afraid to take under due to the possibility of overtime, but 214 for a playoff game is crazy high.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thinking about unloading & going huge on the Clips -8 for tomorrow night. Any thoughts?

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Eh... based on Saturday, the Warriors can definitely hang with the Clips and Steph didn't even have a very good game... I don't see the Clips losing 2 in a row at home, but bear in mind Steph or Klay can go off in any given game. that unpredictability makes it hard to bet against them. 8 is pretty lofty too. I might go big on Clips ML but not the spread

16. clippy

clippy Member

The obvious play points to a Clipper blowout and, as a Clipper fan, I am trying to find a reason not to take this line.

Yes, obviously Curry & Thompson can go off but really, the Warriors just have no answer for Griffin and were getting killed whenever he was on the floor (since they either had to give up an easy bucket or an open look to good shooters). I also believe that the league has a huge say in how games will be officiated ahead of time, and I am almost positive they will let a lot more contact go in this one and particularly ensure that BG stays on the floor. Last game was pretty outrageous in how they called every ticky tack foul through three and suddenly let a bunch of fouls slide in the last few minutes.. but that's just par for the course for the NBA.

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I totally lucked out with my OVER 214 on the Blazers/Rockets game. The Blazers were going for the win in regulation but failed and then lucked out getting the tip in. I was 3 points short, but OT more than made up for those points.

Tomorrow, I like Clippers/Warriors OVER 212. I also like Indiana -7 for Game 2. I expect taking the line on all the home teams that lost Game 1 would be a decent play.

18. downbytheriver

Not sure why illegal activities are openly discusses on a classy site.. Disappointed in you guys. The mind has greener pastures it can graze than low stakes gambling...

19. N/A

N/A Member

it's not illegal. Also, I'm sure you don't jaywalk or litter either. These crimes are committed all across the country on a daily basis and is far more "illegal" than online gambling.

2 people like this.
  20. clippy

clippy Member

You sound like the life of the party.

1 person likes this.