1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disappointing team this year considering expectations ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UtilityPlayer, Apr 18, 2014.

Tags:
?

Most disappointing team this year

1. Knicks

84 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Cavs

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Pistons

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Wolves

51 vote(s)
    32.3%
  5. Others

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. showa13

showa13 Member

It would be the Wolves for me, but they got bit by the injury bug somewhat this year yet again. The Knicks won 50+ games last year, and on paper look like they would at least make the 5 or 6th spot in the horrible east, but are out of the playoffs and the most dysfunctional team in the NBA. The Pistons and Cavs also had playoff aspirations and fell flat on their face(especially the Cavs, who now have IMO no chance of wooing LeBron back). Denver lost their two key pieces during the offseason(Iggy and Ujiri) and are prob gonna have to give up Faried or Gallo to get some help

2. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Knicks and Wolves for sure.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

top 3

Knicks

Wolves

Pistons/Kings

Overachieving

Suns

Raptors

Wizards/Bobcats.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

5. LandryMegaBeast

all of these teams sucked

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

7. clutz

clutz Member

Rockets. Did not go 82-0 despite having Jeremy Lin on the roster.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Piston and Cavs, not a surprise, they are poorly coached teams, in cities that can't attract any quality star players.

The Knicks, yes disappointing because they play in such a weak Eastern Conference, how can they not make the playoffs.

I was never sold on the T-Wolves. They're a jumpshooting team, that doesn't have any good defenders besides Rubio. It wasn't until the emergence of Gorgui Deng, that they started putting together wins vs. tough teams like the Heat, Spurs, and Mavs. I think Minnesota will be a playoff team next season, not a contender though.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Warriors went all in to get Iguodala and re-signed Bogut. They tied up their capspace *and* sent number one picks out in the process. For all that, they are just a sixth seed. None of their young players (Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson) made the leap. Jermaine Freaking O'Neal is getting big minutes. To me, they should be in the conversation for being the most disappointing team this year.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Most disappointing doesn't occur at the end of the regular season.

After Dallas knocks out the Spurs, the Spurs will be the most disappointing. And us Rockets fans will be going to the WCFs baaby!

11. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Pistons spent a lot of money and it got them no where. Now what do they do?

12. solodolo

solodolo Member

No lie at the start of the season I thought bucks would go to the playoffs .

I thought Henson would had a breakout year .
    Sanders a double double machine .
    Ilyasova a good stretch 4
    Delfino a good year . But hes didn't played a game .

13. afk

afk Member

Wolves was disappointing. I expected a playoff run at the 8th seed at least. I expected all of the others in the poll to fail hard (especially Pistons). I was expecting Dallas to fail... damn you Ellis.

14. afk

afk Member

Well sure, if they kept either Ellis or Jennings. Without either,and with Hawks matching that Teague contract Bucks gave him... I expected Bucks to fail hard...

15. afk

afk Member

Well, the problem is that they need to trade one of their starting PF. Second is that they a coach that is able to man up and tell Josh Smith (if he's not traded) to stop shooting bad 3s and jumpshots.

16. afk

afk Member

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would like to echo this sentiment. I expected a blowout every game with a healthy Jerry Lin.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

completely agree - after a great playoff run last year they were designated as the team that would take over the Spurs spot in top of the west as the Spurs were supposed to (but never do) decline.

Losing Jack and Landry hurt but I felt they rounded their bench out with some good players and having Barnes come off the bench should have helped with the offensive punch that Jack and Landry produced.

But outside of Curry who continued his high play it seemed like everyone, especially Barnes, regressed this season.

Its odd to think a team that won 50 games was disappointing but they were really never even close to being in the conversation of the top 4 in the west this year - which was a huge thing as they were supposed to be fighting the clippers for the top spot in the pacific division.

Add in jackson's antics and all - to me Golden State has been the most disappointing team - I think I remember reading they've actually won the most game this season on last second shots so they very well could have been like a 46-47 win team and out of the playoffs.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not surprised at all about Golden State. Letting Landry and Jack go was a terrible move, they were the crucial factors last season. Felt like they really overachieved last year, so after letting these two guys go I definitely expected them to be somewhat mediocre playoff wise. One of the most overhyped franchises in recent years.