1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NewsOK] Tracy McGrady's return harmful?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 30, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

http://www.newsok.com/could-tracy-m...mful-for-the-houston-rockets/article/3421283?

2. tomjc

tomjc Member

vote mcgrady. vote often.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If he plays like Gilbert Arenas when he comes back, then yes he will hurt the team a lot. If he comes back and plays like he does during the 22 game winning streak, than no he won't.

4. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

When did mcgrady ever accuse them of wanting only the insurance money if he didnt play. I hate this article, every bit of it is just trash to me.

5. Convictedstupid

He sort of looks like bill cosby in that picture...

6. plates300

plates300 Member

difference being if and when he does come back, he will be relegated to a bench role, unlike Arenas who is starting. we will then see how he mixes in with the team.

7. tomjc

tomjc Member

It's my fault I got injured and tried to play through the back pains.
    It's my fault I rehabbed with Tim Glover and coach don't let me play.
    It's my fault for making the All-Star game last year and getting replaced by Chris Paul.
    It's my fault for wanting the ball when the team needs a go to guy.
    It's my fault. I'm sorry.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cpQwZC_ChcM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cpQwZC_ChcM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I miss t-mac. The nba is boring without him. Nobody gets hot like him and makes those difficult facial jumpers.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I really really really can't wait for T-Mac to come back so all these stupid articles about him stop being posted. Then we'll be able to just talk about his play on the court whether good or bad, just tired of contemplating his return and all the schizophrenia it brings out on people.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The article's right: as long as the Rockets are close to .500 or above, they are going to take their sweet time until T-Mac is 110% healed. The players are doing well as a team now and definitely still developing. Why jeopardize something that's good and growing for a guy who will most likely be walking out the door soon?

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

honestly, id have mcgrady hoiting up threes than ariza or battier for that matter any time.

12. 1individual

1individual Member

Our chemistry during crunch time isn't great at all. When under pressure, we create a lot of turnovers. I rather have T-Mac play first quarter and fourth. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. vinsanity89

vinsanity89 Member

Tmac is our GREATEST PLAYER right now, Let Him Play. He is THE ONE that can lead us into the playoffs with the best chance of going far. If you don't believe that than your in denial, or a T-MacGriddles HATER and need to sign out. HOPE>HATE

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I agree. None of the other teams have players that can make difficult and crazy shots. Especially not the Lakers or Heat.

15. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

With all of the one-on-one/ISO, quick shot taking, nonpassing, and scared to take the shot play over this early season, I don't think T-Mac would offer anything worse than what has already taken place. Plus, this article cites Richard Justice...

If anything is harmful to the Rockets it's this drama, because of both sides, which is harming our patience!!! :mad:

16. Hball

Hball Member

It's these stupid articles, poisoning peoples mind into thinking we don't need to play mcgrady... :mad:

17. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Do the Rockets practice tomorrow and Tuesday since the next game is on Wednesday? Lets see if McGrady can show more progress and impress the coaching staff enough to let him suit up sometime during the road trip.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

TMac can offer the quit he showed when Jamario Moon was on the fast break. That would be worse than what has taken place.

TMac can offer the "less than 100% effort" he offered that got the Magic a 21 win season and got his ass shipped out of Orlando. That would be worse than what has taken place.

You also make "this early season" sound like some kind of NJ/Memphis like travesty. The team is 9-8 against a tough early schedule and playing quality ball. Tracy McGrady and his ball-stopping can make things much worse than that.

And the drama isn't "because of both sides." Both sides did not decide to tell the world about a decision to have season ending surgery before telling the team and the coach.

It costs the team $220K in insurance money EVERY SINGLE GAME that he place, whether 1 minute or 40 minutes, whether quality ball or not. Unless he proves he can play $220K PER GAME (which comes out to almost $18 million per 82 games) worth of basketball, it is completely reasonable for the team to hold him out of games and collect the money instead.

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thank you Jonathan for the inside info. So can fans (we) expect Tracy McGrady to be back on the court during Toronto, Philadelphia road trip? Is is likely?

(As I said, that sounds like a good guess. I try to report based on information more solid than my guesses, but that's all we've got. -- Jonathan)

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Since when was writing an article quoting other journalists acceptable for a reporter? This is sinful journalism. He was too lazy to report so all he did was copy and paste what other sports writers have said.