1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here has been robbed at their house?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CriscoKidd, Oct 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The car break in thread got me thinking ...

I consider cars to be easy pickings. I consider apartments to be as well, as I've been hit there twice(or was it 3 times? I forget). I was freaking crushed and felt pretty damn violated when I came home to trashed apartments.

No one in my family has ever been robbed from their homes. Myself, I have an alarm, loud dogs in the backyard, and very rarely let anyone into the place to begin with. Of course if someone really wanted to they could ... but I don't see why as I'm surrounded by neighborhoods that look like they would have much more goodies in their house than mine.

I'm just curious about others experiences.

2. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

When I was a senior in HS, my parents house was broken into and robbed. We lived on a corner of a neighbor hood and one of the busiest streets in town. It happened at noon on a weekday and nobody saw it. They took jewlry and a vcr. Then two years later, it happened again and then the got an alarm and it hasnt happened again.

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I was a jr in hs when my parents house got robbed. We lived out in the middle of nowhere (at the time, Cypress was about a third of what it is now) and you couldn't find the house unless you knew how to look for it. They stole the most random things ever. My dad's coin collection, our silverware (like Silver-ware) my mom's underwear, our Legend of Zelda game for the NES, and my left Adidas.

The fact they stole a bunch of random **** made me more mad than anything. If they would have stolen all the TVs, or computers (I had a laptop sitting on my desk in my room maybe 10 feet away from where they stole my shoe) or all the nintendo games, I would have understood... But my mom's undies and one shoe?!?! W.T.F!!!

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I know you're pissed just thinking about it, but that random list did make me chuckle.

Esp the panties and one shoe. Maybe they were high when they broke in? That's the only real explanation I can think of.

I had someone in my neighborhood have their swingset stolen(huh?).

When I was growing up in my neighborhood somebody took off with one of those big outside ac units(not ours). That's one reason I'll always have a biggish dog in my backyard.

5. meggoleggo

We weren't allowed to have dogs at the time because my youngest sister was still "too little". Let's just say the break-in motivated my parents to re-evaluate the situation. Shortly thereafter we got our first (of four) dogs.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

So the prime suspect is a one shoe wearing, cross-dressing collector who likes old school action RPGs. Don't look now, but I think Crisco fits that profile. :eek: :D

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: We will also catch him when he uses coins from meggo's dad's coin collection. Unhand the Canadian coins, you thief! :mad:

8. meggoleggo

Crisco, you b*stard! GIMME MY SHOE BACK!!! Wait.. I threw the other one away, so GIMME MY ZELDA BACK!!!! Keep my mom's drawers, you filthy animal.

9. SwoLy-D

:D Home Alone! What'd I win? :confused:

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My garage apartment was broken into back in the early '70's. Someone simply got a ladder out of the garage (not mine!), walked around to the back, and took the screen off the window. I was between dogs at the time.

11. meggoleggo

LOL! ummm, you can have the shoe Crisco stole from me. I'll get it bronzed or something of the sorts. :D

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

A long time ago when I was a kid somebody broke into hour house in the middle of the day when nobody was home. My aunt was bringing my grandparents back home and the thieves were still there . They had a van in the driveway and they had already started stacking our valuables into piles ready to load them when my grandpa walked in with his pocket knife out and all of them ran out of the house into the backyard and over the fence into a field.

I don't think the police ever caught them though. We ended up getting an alarm after that.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My house was burglarized twice while under construction. They stole ceiling fans and doorknobs the first time, and a bunch of my father's power tools the second time. The seocnd time, they had wheeled his 20 year old table saw down to the end of the driveway, but I guess they couldn't get it into their car, so they left it.

But, I have never been burglarized in a home I lived in. And, I'm smug about doing nothing in particular to make sure I'm not.

14. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

When I first moved out on my own, I shared an apartment with my friend and his roommate. I was at work one day and got a call from my friend.

Him: "Hey, uh... what did you do with your PS2?"

Me: "I didn't do anything with it. Why?"

Him: "It's not here."

Me: "What the #*!& do mean it's not there?"

Him: "I went into the living room to play it and it's not there anymore."

I get home and figure that someone came in through the window that my roommates ALWAYS left open to cut down on air conditioning (even though I always told them not to) and stole it. Nothing else, not even the binder full of games next to it, not even the freakin' controllers or cords. Just pulled all the plugs out of the box and left with just the console.

The best part: he admitted later that he was having sex with his girlfriend in his room, not twenty feet away, when it happened. :mad:

15. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

^ LOL

My parents house was robbed twice and after that, they got an alarm but a few years ago they had to cancel the alarm system... i guess the alarm sticker is a deterrent. My parents dog which is a half German shepherd and something, he was probably a year old or two when the second time happened...apparently, the dog was playing with the thief. the neighbor saw and called the police and they caught him. my mom had came home that time shortly and that guy told my mom that we needed a meaner dog. :rolleyes:

I'm really paranoid if I'm at home alone because I don't have a dog or an alarm but i do have an alarm sticker...I have been telling my fiance that I wanted a German Shepherd but he says that they're too hairy. Booooo.

16. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

When I was in elementary school some idiots broke into my parents house and stole my mom's car. Me and my brother ended up beating up one of my friends because he knew who did it, but wouldn't talk. He ended up talking by the end of the beatdown. Then he got a beatdown from his dad afterwards. The guys ended up going to jail because of it. But right after that my folks got burgular bars. That was back then when burgular bars were big.

Personally, I have had cars broken into about 4 times. Once I was drunk as hell and left the car unlocked, when I woke up my awesome car stereo was gone. Though they were really neat about it and didn't make a mess. Another time I woke up to my car being on blocks.

My house has never been broken into. I have a house alarm as does pretty much everyone in the neighborhood as it is new construction. I also have a lil dog that barks enough to scare off anyone at night. When I first moved in I had an extremely hard time getting to sleep because of thoughts of someone breaking in.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Playing a pilfered zelda in someone else's moms panties while enjoying some clutchfana foot aroma is an experience the wii will never be able to deliver on, and it's a shame.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

**** no! Zelda gold > american dollar. I'm saving that **** for my kids college fund.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Well that explains why you couldn't get up to stop them. You were busy.

And that's sick btw.

20. SwoLy-D

:D LOL! - and I try not to ever just post to do a lonely "LOL", but this one deserved it. Nice, LH. Nice.